Birdsong instead of background combat sounds

umlaut

Hi

Just uploaded a simple little sound mod to the repository.

This mod replaces the background combat sounds with pure birdsong/nature background.

awjl.jpg

Ever get annoyed when you hear an unexpected MG firing in game - and you after long time searching the map realize that the sound is just the game´s background sound?

Then this is the mod for you.

Use it, if you - like myself - don´t like random combat sounds in the background that aren´t related to the actual game you´re playing. When I hear an MG or grenade in the game I want to be sure that is in fact because someone is firing an MG or a throwing a grenade - not just the background sound file.

Actually, it hardly qualifies as a mod: I´ve simply found a birdsong/meadow sound file and adjusted the length and sound levels.

WARNING!!

Ornithologists ("bird grogs") might notice that some of the birds singing may in fact not be residents of France or the Netherlands. This is because the sounds are actually recorded in Denmark, more precisely western Jutland. Thus, this sound mod may render your gaming experience zoologically inaccurate.

Place in your "z" folder - or maybe your "zz" folder if you have other soundmods installed.

For those of you who doesn´t want to wait for the repository, you can also find it here:

http://cmmods.greenasjade.net/mods/5080/details

Plays fine in iTunes 16bit, stereo 48 Khz. Will not play in Mac CMBN even with ZZZ prefix.

It is an ambient sound so it should be stereo.

I converted it to mono to see if that might make it play but no luck.

Like the idea.... Next frogs at night in the swamp :)

Hmmm, yeah, birdies. That's nice. But they would probably stop singing once the arty barrage starts. After the barrage there ain't no birdies left to sing :D

Well, I' ve noticed that during fighting you actually dont notice the birds, altough they're still there. And after the barrage? Simply pretend they are the strange ringing noises in your battered ear drums. :D

It's like you read my mind with this mod. I was gonna request or at worse, make one. There are two "non combat in the background" mods out but they both have this really loud wind blowing sound all throughout and it was driving me crazy. So, thanks, it will make my modding life easier without having to turn the sound off and will be cool in the next battle I play.

Mord.

I tried reviving some of Mord's old Sound Mods for CMSF Mac. Some success but not complete so I do not know all the factors. I think Mac needs to be 16 bit, 48,0 KHz sample rate mono except for ambient sounds in stereo.

I would also like to know all the parameters are for Mac sound files in the CM games. I often listen to music but sometimes like ZERO background sounds. With a silent background you know when you .." hit the red button and - BANG! All hell breaks loose!" :D

I tried reviving some of Mord's old Sound Mods for CMSF Mac. Some success but not complete so I do not know all the factors. I think Mac needs to be 16 bit, 48,0 KHz sample rate mono except for ambient sounds in stereo.

I would also like to know all the parameters are for Mac sound files in the CM games. I often listen to music but sometimes like ZERO background sounds. With a silent background you know when you .." hit the red button and - BANG! All hell breaks loose!" :D

Yeah, I've been wanting to find out what the full parameters are so I can release a Mac version of all my Sound mods for the Apple guys.

Mord.

Thanks Mord. Would be great to have you CMSF Sound Mods updated and know the full Mac parameters. Would provide customers with more options from Tweet Bird to Sounds of Silence to Metallica in overdrive.... to some Ultra HQ background sounds... whatever mood you are in.