[PREVIEW]Juju TweakedUI Skinpack

Juju

Without further ado, here goes. Tadaa:

TweakedUI Skinpack_HelloKitty_Preview.jpg

FO' REAL?

You betcha for real! And that is just one of nine new quick-and-easy slap-on mini-mods for you girls to spice up that dreary old UI you have all been staring at for years!

I've wanted to do something with camouflage and the UI for ages (something that actually works, that is) and just recently the penny finally dropped. Here's the result. Not all of them may be totally historically accurate, but that wasn't my aim anyway. I also gotta warn you, some of them are a little in-your-face. But hey! It's just a bit of fun, this.

And if you don't like any of them, do go ahead and install the updated standard 'TweakedUI' skin! Needless to say these skins are for the TweakedUI version of my mod ONLY!

Inidentally, the reason I included the Frogskin texture at all is that supposedly a few of these camo uniforms were issued to troops in Normandy (I did see some pictures). Apparantly they were quickly phased out as the soldiers wearing them were often mistaken for SS by their own troops. But, anyway, I digress.

Below are the eight 'other' options that are include in the pack. Below that (in a new post) are a couple of screenshots to show how some of them look in-game.

Incidentally, If someone can give me the correct names of some of those schemes below, I'd be grateful. I'm sure I got A lot of them wrong.

TweakedUI Skinpack_Preview.jpg

What? I count 10. Loving that hello kitty version.

I didn't count the updated TweakedUI skin. I've 'cleaned it up' and made some minor tweaks to the basic look along the way, so it made sense to include it. That version will be the standard look in any future UI pack updates.

I would love to see a rusted, battleworn UI,...paint chipping, etc,...well, it's lovely as it is, don't get me wrong(specially the Kitty one) ;)

Frogskin is my favorite so far,..

Hello Kitty seems the favorite so far. Not sure if that doesn't worries me a little. ;) And yes, it really works just like the rest.

Fuser, if you can send me a texture or photograph of what you mean I'll see what I can do. It's pretty tricky, though. There are really not that many textures that seem to work well, or even at all. I'm stretching it as it is.

Thanks Juju. They look great. Of course have variety does spice up the play.

Don't discount Hello Kitty as being popular. I know two ladies who trimmed their real hunting / target rifles in Hello Kitty furniture! Now I don't know how many ladies play CM but maybe some grogs just like to transform things now and then... and Halloween is almost here :D

Couple suggestions 'cause you asked:

- "Ferdinand" I'd call "Threetone" or something like that - a bit more suggestive. ;D

- I'd not use two varaints of the so-called "Peadot" or "Dot" pattern, there was only one. Differences in colors can be attributed to general wear and differernt manufactures. The pattern itself didn't change, though. But since you included Splinter, how about some Tan-and-Water instead?

- "Dot B" does look A LOT like a misture between the Oakleaf and the Peadot pattern, probably made for a private project. It's NOT a real pattern though. This is what Oakleaf should look like (more or less):

eichenlaubtarn_sommer_ss_by_berzerkr-d4kb19v.png

Apart from that - AWESOME.

Couple suggestions 'cause you asked:

- "Ferdinand" I'd call "Threetone" or something like that - a bit more suggestive. ;D

- I'd not use two varaints of the so-called "Peadot" or "Dot" pattern, there was only one. Differences in colors can be attributed to general wear and differernt manufactures. The pattern itself didn't change, though. But since you included Splinter, how about some Tan-and-Water instead?

- "Dot B" does look A LOT like a misture between the Oakleaf and the Peadot pattern, probably made for a private project. It's NOT a real pattern though. This is what Oakleaf should look like (more or less):

Apart from that - AWESOME.

Can't seem to find any suitable tan-and-water textures (or oakleaf, for that matter). I might be able to do something with that Oakleaf pic you posted, though.

It's tricky finding useable textures. And besides that, people posting this stuff online frequently seem to get the captioning wrong, hence my confusion with the naming and not knowing if patterns are 'real' or not.

@ Rambler: That's a cool Kitty! :)

Are the 1st two skins German "Ambush" pattern?

As far as I know. I made those using some old CM:AK mods. I'll try your search term suggestions, thanks.

@Earl Grey: I've changed some of the names and added one version using the pic you posted. It's in the top post now!

BTW, there don't seem to be many Allied camo schemes around compared to German ones, are there? I'd love to do that British airborne scheme, but don't know the name.

@Juju: Thanks, looking great!

Id you want to know more about the various patterns, take a look at this link: http://www.kamouflage.net/country/00136.php

In addition I'll pack something up lter and send to you, it might be useful.

Cool, thanks! Excellent link, too!

@ian.leslie: Thanks. The pics are no use, but at least I know what to look for now.