Does Anyone Miss CMx1 QB Unit Selection Stats?

I have owned CMBN+CW since early November and am still getting the hang of the different AFV variants amongst all armies.

I bought the game after playing CMBB for years and was disappointed when I realized that the CMx2 games no longer provide AFV statistics (aside from size of gun) in the quick battle menu. Does anyone else miss the statistics of AFV's?

I would love a small breakdown of the different characteristics of AFV's in the quick battle menu when an AFV is selected such as armor thicknesses of front hull, front turret, side hull etc., weight, offroad performance, ammunition...this would help me distinguish specifically which sherman variant or panther variant best fits my battle plan. Currently I just sort decide what variant I want based upon both rarity points and actual points.

Is there perhaps a mod that provides these statistics in the QB menu?

This has been discussed many times. You are certainly not the only one who misses it ;) It doesn't look like it's coming back, at least not any time soon. The good news is that BFC is planning some type of display in game that will tell you if your tank can penetrate an enemy tank, sort of like the old targeting tooltip that would tell you if the chances of a kill were good or bad.

+1

I miss too the capacity (in numbers) of vehicles, for example, trucks. Now I have to count the extra-little small circles (ok let's see one,two,three,four...F**K! I lost the count...So Let's do it again...So please, a number to see the capacity of the vehicle will be nice...I play WEgo, but for RT players will be nice to a quick look to know how many places there are in vehicles

Maybe the orders with space-bar button could be replaced for the information panel...

Regards

Then +1 to the comments. The "iconic" info boxes re speed, armor etc. the game now has are useless in conveying useful info - ie: info that we can use in the game.

It was a step forward in CMBN (from CMSF) to let us know exactly what ammo each unit has, and this would also be useful.

I absolutely HATE the unit selection process in CMX:2. I don't play QB's because it is so tiresome. Buying entire outfits and then having to delete down to get the units you want. What a PITA. Of the few QB's I've played, I ended up with a bunch of units that I DID NOT WANT . . . and I'm not sure how I got. This, after spending a long time trying to pick and choose, choose and delete . . . and more clicking and deleting.

Ponderous.

It makes me feel grumpy and old. The way it worked in CMX:1 was great. Easy to use. Informative. No hassles. All I needed was a calculator so that I could total up my spending.

What is better about the new system? Somebody tell me. I can't figure it out.

Harumph.

"if you bought a company you could not modify the company"

In CM1 one could delete unwanted platoons and support weapons, but yes, you could not add anything (to the formation). However, that didn't matter as you could simply buy whatever specialized units you wanted, and they could be controlled by any HQ.

This thread is getting off topic...The flexibility of QB unit purchase, at least to me, was never an issue. I feel as if it is flexible and it better represents troop formations that were likely to be seen on a WWII battlefield.

My issue with the QB unit purchase was with the lack of information on those units (which version of the sherman has thicker front turret armor or more HE shells or more engine power). In CMBB they gave you a lot of unit information while you were selection units in QB that helped you understand specifically what you were buying.

Let's try to get back on track here.