So why Battlefront is charging us money for a patch?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on for a second, is this true? I have been lurking this forum for a while and i was on the fence about buying this great game, but this news is horrible. Do the developers truly charge for patches? If so, then i will take my money elsewhere.

One would think that with such a niche market, they would treat their customers better and with more respect.

Is this true?

I've been looking into this game and thinking of buying it, but charging 10 $ for what's basically so much of a patch that you explicitly need to state 'It's not a patch' is... Questionable, at the least.

I really don't want to see another 'Rise of Flight' thing, where I get one half of a good game and need to pay more to get the other half.

It's not like there are more units, maps or really improvements in this 'Upgrade'.

So, you created another account to back up your own argument? How Dorosh of you.

Mord.

cheap people that expect everything for free.

Are you serious? Expect everything for free?

Framerate patches? Camera jumps to groups functions ? This is worth 10 Euros?

Not even EA and Ubisoft go that far, and they are known for putting spyware into their games.

Framerate patches? Camera jumps to groups functions ? This is worth 10 Euros?

Moveable Waypoints

Ability to assign special uniform types for select units types on a unit by unit basis.

Target Armor Arc Command

Expanded Floating Icon Categories

"Fog of War" Floating Icons

2D Editor Map Overlay

Auto-Assemble Road/Wall/Hedge Tool

Camera Jump to Groups

Target Briefly Command

New Rendering Shaders

Bump and Normal Mapping

Improved Framerates

Pausable Realtime TCP/IP Mode

YEP.

Mord.

Tells quite a lot about your expectations of the site staff if you seriously think that I can be logged in two different accounts from same IP.

Uh huh...because logging out is really hard.

Mord.

Hey you senile old man.

Here's a list of changes from a Sword of the Stars patch.

Updates:

- Improved AI diplomatic reasoning

- Expanded AI tech research strategies.

- Various tweaks and changes to AI rebellion behaviour.

- numerous changes to AI Rebellion and its effect on gameplay.

- Improved combat ship manoeuvring.

- Adjustments to the Liir’s movement

Fixes:

- All currently known bugs fixed.

Additions:

- Chat between players in the game lobby and those playing is now possible.

- Numerous GUI additions

- New splash screens

- Weapon tool tip displays weapon arcs in combat view.

- Added news events.

Free of charge

Uh huh...because logging out is really hard.

Mord.

Mord, you are visibly upset.

Go to bed before you embarrass yourself even more.

You are old senile man you don't even know how websites work

You start saying things that conflict what you have said earlier in this same thread.

1.11 P A T C H c h a n g e s f o r f r e e

NEW v1.11 GAME FEATURES

Corrected crashes related to barbed wire units.

Corrected a rare crash/hang problem in WeGo "blue bar" calculation.

Corrected the occasional failure of "buddy aid" to retrieve useful ammo from fallen comrades, and accidentally to adopt their targeting orders.

Corrected a problem that sometimes made fortifications too hard or too easy to spot.

Panther "shot trap" on the lower turret mantlet (potentially) deflects shots downward into the hull as expected.

British 95mm HEAT shell has correct amount of internal explosive (reduced from before).

Corrected a problem in WeGo mode that sometimes caused vehicle passengers to rotate forward when they should not.

TCP/IP "chat" text is easier to see clearly.

Teams that are part of a squad properly retain their setup positions from the editor.

SPW 250/10 and 251/9 halftrack loaders perform correctly when vehicle is buttoned.

Wood bunkers are a bit tougher to knock out.

Corrected a problem that sometimes gave on-map artillery the ability to shoot through intervening terrain.

Corrected a problem that sometimes incorrectly restricted on-map artillery from firing smoke missions.

Targeting a TRP directly using the mouse works correctly.

Corrected a problem that occasionally caused a destroyed building to have "floating" rubble.

Prone soldiers on a slope angle their bodies correctly.

Bolt-action rifles properly show the spent casing ejected when the bolt is operated.

Corrected an issue with command & control values being promptly updated when splitting a squad.

Tiny explosions don't damage tank tracks so much.

Corrected some AI issues that caused soldiers to move away from their teams, or caused the team to be "stuck" and not move when they should.

In the editor, hedges allow co-placement of trees like bocage does.

Light wounds to crew are slightly more likely to cause AFV bailout.

Corrections made to Luftwaffe and Waffen SS camouflage helmets.

Updated graphical shaders.

Updated vehicle models (Commonwealth module): Wespe, PzII Lynx, Marder I, King Tiger, Jagdpanther, Cromwell, Churchill.

On the Mac side, there were Mac specific graphical and stability fixes:

Fixed "blockheads" problem.

Increased performance significantly for most Macs.

Fixed some bugs that were keeping Combat Mission from starting on some Macs.

Improved compatibility with some integrated Mac video cards.

Fixed "flickering icons" for most Macs.

Fixed some Mac-specific crash bugs.

N E W S T U F F 2.0 n o t f r e e

Moveable Waypoints

Ability to assign special uniform types for select units types on a unit by unit basis.

Target Armor Arc Command

Expanded Floating Icon Categories

"Fog of War" Floating Icons

2D Editor Map Overlay

Auto-Assemble Road/Wall/Hedge Tool

Camera Jump to Groups

Target Briefly Command

New Rendering Shaders

Bump and Normal Mapping

Improved Framerates

Pausable Realtime TCP/IP Mode

That list might be impressive if this were the Swords and Stars forum...Did you lose your way?

No, it was to show how much more every other strategy game of any type (including turn based, mind you) have in their patches.

That are also free, but obviously you were born without a spine to say anything sensible or trying to have opinion of anything for that matter. But that doesn't stop you from posting childish things.

Speaking of which. Do you have Alzheimer's for any chance? That disease tends to reduce the mental state of adult people to the level of a child.

But if they implemented these kind of minor changes to the game free of any charge, why did they go that far and charge 10 Euro for those petty functions that serve nothing really?

I could understand it if a few new units and campaigns together and threw it into a DLC that is like 15 - 20 Euro.

There is a difference between selling improvements that gets rid of some trouble you had during the game and polishes other areas that were implemented already and selling new content.

This is exactly the marketing strategy that promotes and spreads piracy.

Yeah, we know...anybody that disagrees with the genius that is you, is either;

A.) A Fanboy.

B.) Too stupid to see your mental superiority.

C.) Not brave enough to whine for an hour about 10 bucks.

D.) All of the above.

WE GET IT!

still makes you wrong...though.

Mord.

Hey Noplan, wanna bet how long Mord is going to hang on to his delusion that we are same person just because we aren't gullible retards?

Well actually, while I dislike all this blind fandom, I find seeing the developer of a promising and innovative game getting greedy and really like all the other big money companies too worrying to laugh about.

'Noplan' has no posts on this board beside this complaining. Not one. Isn't that.... odd.

If you've seen my first post, I was just getting into this game.

Also, calling other people out instead of refuting their facts in order to defend one side is exactly what I call 'blind fandom' and has corrupted various forums.

Yeah, we know...anybody that disagrees with the genius that is you, is either;

A.) A Fanboy.

B.) Too stupid to see your mental superiority.

C.) Not brave enough to whine for an hour about 10 bucks.

D.) All of the above.

WE GET IT!

still makes you wrong...though.

Mord.

Oh wow Mord, you try to be edgy and I make a little jab at you, which is all it requires you to go full turtle mode.

Why you still haven't tried to argue sensibly about why the developers are right to charge us money from every bite of a pizza that we already paid for? Are you afraid of something Mord?

Well actually, while I dislike all this blind fandom, I find seeing the developer of a promising and innovative game getting greedy and really like all the other big money companies too worrying to laugh about.

Well you know the saying: "Ignorance is bliss". They are just secretly afraid that their precious game isn't a perfect gem.

I realize I don't have to pay for it if I don't like it (and I sure won't pay a penny)

And yet, here you are, two hours later...STILL whining...The upgrade price was worth it for that alone.

Mord.