A UI improvement I'd find really useful

womble

How about Point at location, then CTRL-mouse click? Use that all the time :)

I rarely find that particular function very useful. Particularly for focusing on a waypoint. If you ctrl-click on a waypoint, nothing happens, you have to ctrl-click near it. And your view isn't tied to the waypoint's location, like TAB ties you to the unit's location even if you deselect the unit. If I could ctrl-TAB to a waypoint, then rotate around it, and that centreing remained after I deselected the unit, I'd spend a lot less time on finding vantage points.

Having Shift-TAB lock your view to where you click, in the same way, would also be most useful.

Talking about UI, I wanted to request a couple of easy to implement features (think so) for the next CMx2 update:

- ability to toggle building transparency on/off

- ability to toggle TRP markers on/off

- ability to toggle casualty red cross icons on/off

Ideally there should be a single shortcut to toggle all the GUI elements on or off. I know some of the markers can be modded to be transparent and thus invisible, but a built-in shortcut would not hurt.

Talking about UI, I wanted to request a couple of easy to implement features (think so) for the next CMx2 update:

- ability to toggle building transparency on/off

- ability to toggle TRP markers on/off

- ability to toggle casualty red cross icons on/off

Ideally there should be a single shortcut to toggle all the GUI elements on or off. I know some of the markers can be modded to be transparent and thus invisible, but a built-in shortcut would not hurt.

+1000000 to this! Especially the buildings cause it's hard tell sometimes if windows/doors are on the facade when it's transparent.

And while I'm asking for moons on sticks:

Can we have the lowest elevation levels from mousewheeling correspond to relevant heights for the selected unit? Prone, kneeling, standing for infantry; driver, gunner, commander, unbuttoned commander for vehicles are what I'm thinking of. ATM, the bottom elevation level in FI is from a viewpoint taller than a pTruppe. Not right useful for getting down in the weeds with your kitten-crawling scout teams.

What i find very annoying are the color-filled cover arcs. In case of big arcs, the whole graphic turns is an incredibly ugly violet or yellow. Locking to a unit and watching the action becomes unbearable (and the color also makes the action less good visible).

Showing only the borders of the arcs IMO would be a huge improvement of the UI.

Ooo, another one.

I'd like to be able to click on a targeting line, same as I can click on a movement line. From there, I should be able to change it to whichever of Target, Target Light Target Smoke and Target Briefly I want. This would make correcting "persnicketty" target assignments easier, and could allow the unit to change from one mode to another when LOS is blocked (perhaps a tank changing to target light, once the target is obscured by the dust of the initial Target command hitting with HE).