Free French forces?

While I'm certainly not expecting them for MG, is there any chance of getting the US-equipped French Army in the final CMBN "funnies" module? A couple of my most memorable CMBO games back in the day were French forces, and they certainly operated in the CMBN timeframe... La Liberation, Anvil-Dragoon, etc.

And just this once can we pass on the snide Homer Simpson comments from "le Gallerie d'Arichide Americain"? Heard it; in general, the French fought bravely and well in 1944-45.

You could basically have them now, by renaming the CMBO sound files to US voices. I have the portraits already in the portrait mod. RommL made some vehicles...all that's left would be some uni patches.

For me it's too much to bother with if they are gonna put them in the final module. But for an industrious sort who wants them the option is there.

Mord.

Have you already redone the voice files? I was planning to do it as part of my DienBienPhu project, but any work that can be saved would be cool!

LOL Hell no, it gives me the shakes just thinking about it. I think Patboy or Pandur was trying to get me to do them back when I added the Free French to the portrait mod...but it's too damned tedious. After doing two US voice mods I run as far as I can from renaming that many wavs! It doesn't sound like much but man it is a PIA. Sorry, brotha, that mountain hasn't been climbed yet.

Mord.

The game isn't complete until the last module is in place. Steve likes to say we simply can't supply everything imaginable in one WWII title... then he proceeds to supply everything imaginable anyway. :) I think the guy just can't help himself. But 'everything' takes time. I can scarcely imagine what's going to be in the final CMBN 'weapons pack'. I'd kill to see a 'Free French' fifth column like CMSF has Syrian civilian militia 'fighters'.

I'd kill to see a 'Free French' fifth column like CMSF has Syrian civilian militia 'fighters'.

Yeah, a little partisan action might be interesting; once designed these forces are easily ported to Bagration and Italy modules too as an added inducement to buy, not to mention what-if "Werwolf" stuff in the Bulge game family....