The release rate

Would be really nice to hear soon about the next releases.... I remember that Steve or someone else from the BFC mentioned in the summer that during the next 12 month period there will be the BN 2.0 upgrade, BN MG module, at least one FI module and one or two new base games. I'm not too surprised that after 4 months after that comment nothing has been released yet... But on the bright side there will be a wave of releases during the next 8 months! Or will there?

Maybe Steve is just a "Glass half full" Type of guy.

But he has proven time and time again he is terrible at estimating what it takes to get one of his game products done.

I would start to worry if they did start coming out on his schedule. It likely would mean that there would be all sorts of programming issues in them still.:)

I'd like to see the Commonwealth expansion to CMFI before Christmas/early in the new year. Theproblem with Sicily is the shortduration of thecampaign which only lasted some 6 weeks.A Commonwealth expansion could rectify this by extending into the early phase of the invasion of theItalian mainland (Salerno and the advance through Southern Italy towards the Gustav Line ending as the Allies approach these positions, say October 1943. That would give us many more scenario options than the current Sicilian campaign.

Just curious... have you guys played all the scenarios currently available in CMFI, or do people take a quick look at the graphics and then wait for the next module?

(I feel I have barely played more than a few of the campaigns and only a couple scenarios so far, and that's while I was injured and had all the time in the world. I can't figure out how folks can play em all so quickly.)

Well, the BN 2.0 Upgrade shouldn't be tackling any major things as the engine is already used in the FI.

And yes, of course there is a lot of stuff to be played with the existing stuff, but it's always nice to get something new :)

What I'm saying is that they might actually take it to 2.5 for CMFI right now. If they consider some major fixes important.

Because then they can backport/crossport all the improvements to the other games, instead of doing 2.0 now and 2.5 later.

I don't expect any pre-announcement of the CMBN patch - the final patch for the v1 engine? The v2 update is uncharted territory, but I'm assuming no pre-announcement there either. I'm surprised no word or screenies of MG yet which probably means it's still months away... but I don't really remember how the CW module played out 'cause I'm getting old and suffer from CRS.