Flavor Object 7 and 8 "potted plants" BETA

heh-you wish.

BETA download here-look for Junk Flavor 7 and 8.brz file

M10 is Junk number 7 as I recall.

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#myfiles

Test it tell me what you think -issues-don't get groggy on me though with the paint schemes. For you forensic types who want to explode the file and see how it's done I hex edited the the renamed M10 junk7. mdr file containing the text m10 to an m1j for the junk vehicle to pick up it's own bmp. And you don't need every mdr file of the vehicle-just the 1st one as I recall. BMP file names reflect the j to-you want to change scheme-copy and paste what you want into the current bmp file names-they have a small j. I'm not an artist-but I'm sure someone can make these sooty and burnt looking or if you want a depot or motor pool setting. No purchase screen with men with the destroyed vehicles. Just FLAVOR 7 & 8 button

And why j? Their junk-they don't do anythin' and the mdr will read the stock vehicle bmp's not your junk bmp's which is b.s.-we don't want that do we? Once these puppies show up in future BattleFront modules as we make our way up the Italian Boot this will eliminate that issue.

EYECANDY of things to come from BattleFront......

M10junk.jpg

sdkfz251d.jpg

I don't get feed back I'm not uploading this up to BF. ;):D

Please explain a bit about what these are -- are they objects that look like vehicles (an M10 and a German HT) but are just inanimate objects we can place on maps?

If so, amazing that you were able to do this. I'm not sure how I would use them, but if this is possible then what I'd really like most would be things like wrecked cars, dead cows, tents, etc.

These are M10 and Sdkfz251 flavor objects-nothing more-like a shelter, tires, sign...

Vehicles are from CM:BATTLE FOR NORMANDY

Yes you can place them on a map, move them just like a flavor object-I don't believe the ai will react to them-their like a dead cow or an abandoned vehicle or a potted plant. They do save. I had no CTD's.

What I would use them for is as burnt out vehicle (somebody else has to supply that artwork) or motor pool setting.

"I'd really like most would be things like wrecked cars, dead cows, tents, etc."

Sorry-I'm limited by what is in the game or in other BattleFront games/demos-I have no way to import NEW 3d objects and BattleFront hasn't released a utility for that.

Junk.jpg

You make a scenario/QB or Campaign with this and share it and the other player doesn't have Junk flavor 7 and 8 in their Z file the game defaults to another JUNK flavor-in the case of the German HT turns into a pile of lumber junk." Dust thou art..."

Junk2-1.jpg

Nice idea. Have you tested how these behave in the game? Do they offer cover, block line of sight and hinder movement?

I suppose they won't act as cover because junk isn't coded to which might be a bit problematic if what we see is not QUITE what we get. But it's a very good start!

This has a lot of potential. Like a wild card object that would fit with the scenario or campaign.

OK, so you wouldn't want to put troops behind it since it doesn't block LOS or give cover. But it would be one of those nuances you could tuck in with a mod pack. I think of Opel Blitz with burnt out or torn canvas, bullet holes, no tires, packs askew. But we need the mod gods to make it so.

Might look good to blacken, burn, rust and hole those 'flavor object' vehicles for extra dramatic effect. BFC's been avoiding large-scale flavor objects due to gameplay issues. But if you don't mind the odd pathing and LOS/LOF fire issues then go for it! I recall in an old game Beta one new flavor object model accidentally came in at the wrong scale, it was literally 200 feet tall! It was SO COOL! Absolutely pointless and unuseable, but so cool! :D

I recall in an old game Beta one new flavor object model accidentally came in at the wrong scale, it was literally 200 feet tall! It was SO COOL! Absolutely pointless and unuseable, but so cool! :D

That does sound cool. If you could have a 200 foot tall object, you could stage those those climactic scenes from the old sci-fi movies where Godzilla faces off against Army tanks and artillery and MGs...and, just like in the movies, the ordnance would have absolutely no effect on him.

This has a lot of potential. Like a wild card object that would fit with the scenario or campaign.

OK, so you wouldn't want to put troops behind it since it doesn't block LOS or give cover. But it would be one of those nuances you could tuck in with a mod pack. I think of Opel Blitz with burnt out or torn canvas, bullet holes, no tires, packs askew. But we need the mod gods to make it so.

Yup you got it.

HAHAHA you got a 50 50 chance the otherside might be there to around the burned out vehicle. HAHAHAH Oh look Tempestzzzz eye candy junk armored car-looks pretty *WHACK* battles are what 20miutes to little over an hour-being spoofed, fooled or unsure can cost you some seconds and victory.

There are only 9 slots in JUNK Flavor so there is a finite limit. I was hoping by now someone would post a screenshot of the M10 burnt out or the German HT burnt out. I really do not have ARIS skills. It cost you nothing to download from the link I provided.

It's a BETA. I'm still working to see if I can get it to block LOS or provide cover. But as was said JUNK may be coded not to react that way.

You have to understand I have to work with in the confines of the game engine. I would give you more if it was possible.

After all-I play this game to.

HAHAHA yes I got the parapets on the roof to work-partially on one building and fully on another. The mosque roof fails to appear. The issue on the roof is caused by roof files in the stock game. The walls and doors and window sills change-it still the damn roof. And it isn't a question of repainting the roof-one roof is reading at least 3 different roof textures.

You have to take a break from that area-there are so many files-it will drive you crazy-junk flavor files are just 1-3 files to examine.

You ever pull an all nighter in college-by morning you can't remember what studied. It's a blur.

I do have a job that requires me to think to you know-I have to pay a mortgage-what you got was the last 3 days was my off-time.:)

Hi Tempestzzzz

Your discovery sure sounds exciting - and it seems like it could open a lot of flavor object-modding possibilities.

Unfortunately I am one of those people that doesn´t know very much about changing codes (or whatever). I have read your previous posts on the subject, but I´m still not sure I understand how this works. I would be grateful if you could perhaps start a new thread for us dummies and explain the mechanics - and how we can use it.

Thanks for your great work :-)

We would need someone with the ability to create 3D objects and port them to a CM compatible format. Not something a humble modder like me has learn´t...yet. A pro work I would say...only the 3D editing programs are hundreds of euros, and the skills needed are very tough to get.

Yes, that was one of the questions I had in mind, too: As far as I understand CM (and I admit I might be completely wrong), we would only be able to use the already existing 3D shapes (unless someone mods them) - but we could mod their skins. Right?

Yes, that was one of the questions I had in mind, too: As far as I understand CM (and I admit I might be completely wrong), we would only be able to use the already existing 3D shapes (unless someone mods them) - but we could mod their skins. Right?

Last year in CMBN I tried to put both an infantry texture and later a Photoshopped image of dead soldier on a log flavor-object, and they both came out looking a bit like something out of "The Thing". :)

Well progress is now measured inches rather then feet. I'm trying to understand the file structure.

I got one roof texture showing right-trying to leverage that. Haven't solved the dome part yet for the Mosque. I got a bunch of textures but only one shows up when looking for roof choices.

Oh yeah Trick or Treat.

CMFortressItalyDemo2012-10-3120-59-42-10.jpg

Well I'm flattered by your faith-but really Afghanistan buildings AND Shock Force buildings (they are the same-but I tried them both) aren't going to work. The game takes the building file but does not recognize what is written in the coding on roofs-hence not only no Mosque roof-but roof orientations are unrecognized. You can see how the parapets and roof are on Modular Bldg #3. just won't orient with the walls (and some parapet walls are missing) when you orient the building in the Scenario Editor in the 4 differnt directions you are given- I can only go so far with hex editing-I saw nothing I could use to correct this problem. The walls, windows, door and blast openings choices work BUT

in the end it's the roofs that don't work or can be transferred to Fortress Italy. Would have been nice if it could work. :( Believe me - I wanted to deliver this mod.

CMFortressItalyDemo2012-11-0112-20-21-70.jpg

Very creative work on the object wireframes. Not sure derelict vehicles are needed tho, since we can just place wrecks.

Also, if you can find some way to mod a burning vehicle to look like the empty shell of a small building, so we could have a "burning ruin" object, that would be great. Right now, burning bunkers is the best I can do.

What country are you from, btw? Your "accent" (written) is quite unique -- you have some great expressions (no offense I hope).

Well I'm flattered by your faith-but really Afghanistan buildings AND Shock Force buildings (they are the same-but I tried them both) aren't going to work. The game takes the building file but does not recognize what is written in the coding on roofs-hence not only no Mosque roof-but roof orientations are unrecognized. You can see how the parapets and roof are on Modular Bldg #3. just won't orient with the walls (and some parapet walls are missing) when you orient the building in the Scenario Editor in the 4 differnt directions you are given- I can only go so far with hex editing-I saw nothing I could use to correct this problem. The walls, windows, door and blast openings choices work BUT

in the end it's the roofs that don't work or can be transferred to Fortress Italy. Would have been nice if it could work. :( Believe me - I wanted to deliver this mod.

Out of pure interest. What hex editor do you use to get this effect? I believe one of the reasons the roofs are a problem is because in CMSF you can run on them and I don't think that is possible in CMBN.

Very creative work on the object wireframes. Not sure derelict vehicles are needed tho, since we can just place wrecks.

Also, if you can find some way to mod a burning vehicle to look like the empty shell of a small building, so we could have a "burning ruin" object, that would be great. Right now, burning bunkers is the best I can do.

What country are you from, btw? Your "accent" (written) is quite unique -- you have some great expressions (no offense I hope).

Tried that-doesn't work. Also all the building slots are taken.

I'm a born American-military brat-Half American and Half German.

Old photo. Don't ride anymore but still have the bike-from my cold dead hands. Did my own maintenance (i.e adjusted valves, pulled seals....)

untitled.jpg

stikkypixie :

I use HxD it's simple but gives me the feature I want i.e. I can make multiple replacements throughout the file with one command. Makes sense about the your roof observations. Found it strange the buildings could come in but the roofs wouldn't work. Strange thing is you can have the facades and windows and everything change for something in Syria or A-stan and have a pitched roof like in Europe. With a few little edits and vehicle changes BF could have had a N. Africa module-of courrse the Grant Tank wouldn't be in it.