Communication is key in any healthy relationship....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I fear this delay is all my fault:eek:.

I requested the schwimmwagen and it's probably the conversion from kubelwagen to schwimmwagen that takes battlefront zo long:D:D:D.

But seriously, I'm checking this site every day for news, and I'm still waiting in vain!! And waitin' and waitin' and waitin'...

LOL we are never happy unless there is new news...and maybe not even then, but it is good occasionally to step back for some prespective. IF BF gets the MG module out and one other (which is well within the timing of what they were forecasting) by March of 2013, they will have released the equivalent of the entire CMSF family in the space of one year.

If they are even close it would still be a phenomenal change in pace. Considering the work load that implies maybe we should let them alone in their cubicle/cells to crank the stuff out.

I'm spoiled by the other publishers of games I enjoy such as Paradox with their development diaries reasonably frequent activity on their forums, and especially by Stardock who actively engage with their community.

Battlefront's total silence policy and inactivity on the forums has always felt heavy handed to me. While I love their games and the work they do, I can't help but have a little bitter taste in my mouth by the way I feel less than appreciated as a customer. At times it seems as if they are doing us a favor by even publishing this little niche genre for us... (which I suppose may just be true)

They may have their reasons, but I suspect they are largely based on their personalities.

I'm spoiled by the other publishers of games I enjoy such as Paradox with their development diaries reasonably frequent activity on their forums, and especially by Stardock who actively engage with their community.

Battlefront's total silence policy and inactivity on the forums has always felt heavy handed to me. While I love their games and the work they do, I can't help but have a little bitter taste in my mouth by the way I feel less than appreciated as a customer. At times it seems as if they are doing us a favor by even publishing this little niche genre for us... (which I suppose may just be true)

They may have their reasons, but I suspect they are largely based on their personalities.

Actually I think they are less complicated than that. The primary source of lack of info isn't that BF is somehow reticent to discuss, but more due to them having so few people. ANYONE stopping to take time for discussions and feedback here is time away from the game- period. Honestly how much difference is it really gonna make for us to know more about the timeline or items they are working on especially if that directly impacts their ability to produce and meet those timelines?

Which still always seems to leave us asking "are we there yet?"

The other keys to a successful relationship are patience and understanding.

Here's my theory.

Fortress Italy didn't sell quite as much as BF had hoped and they realized that many of us are just waiting for the CMBN patch. So they decided to wait it out instead of releasing it only a couple months after FI.

I don't think thats a very sound theory. Cause the reason why a lot of people didn't get CI is cause they have no interest in the Italian theatre.

I was under the impression that the 2.0 was to be out a month or so after CI.

I bought CI and am patiently waiting for 2.0 wtf?