Communication is key in any healthy relationship....

I was under the impression that the 2.0 was to be out a month or so after CI.

2 months. FI (it's Fortress Italy not Castle Italy ;) ) was released in August and BFC said they were shooting for an October release of the 2.0 CMBN upgrade. But they also said the next CMBN patch would be out before the 2.0 upgrade, which has not happened yet either so my impression is that I have no idea when it may be out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i ALWAYS THOUGHT the key to a good relationship was plenty of Sex

And I sure do NOT want BF giving me any of that.

CMFI also has a patch coming, and since that is the version 2.0 engine with issues, they might need to fix that also, before rolling version 2.0 into the other games.

I think their game plan sounds wonderful until they have to use it. This upgrading of engines is all good except for the time it takes, thus slowing down the latest developements.

You just cannot have it all, but we seem to try to keep demanding it as users.

I think their game plan sounds wonderful until they have to use it. This upgrading of engines is all good except for the time it takes, thus slowing down the latest developements.

You just cannot have it all, but we seem to try to keep demanding it as users.

We are a funny bunch. They have been releasing games faster than ever before- by a long shot and we are still complaining that their process is too slow. (and I include myself as one of those who is standing around fidgeting like I have to go to the bathroom waiting for CMBN version 2).

Welcome to the "instant gratification is too slow" forum.

I'm not really complaining about the process being too slow.. I'm complaining about the total blackout status regarding any information about the status of things. I would be much more comfortable waiting 'patiently' if I felt progress what being made instead of accepting it on faith..

http://www.battlefront.com/community/announcement.php?f=137&a=570

There you go

I supposed I will accept the actual release of the CMFI patch as a peace offering... :)

I am. Well, not so much "peace offering" as project "milestone". That patch incorporates everything needed in the CMBfN v2.0 upgrade. Even if the code isn't identical, program logic needs to be. So now that Caesar has crossed the Rubicon, we can march to Rome (er, I mean the Lorraine Campaign and on to Market Garden . . . ). Good luck and good gaming!

... if I felt progress what being made instead of accepting it on faith..

You don't actually have to take it on faith. Steve and the gang make their money out of selling us games, so they're going to continue to do so. There is also plenty of "sun came up yesterday; it'll probably come up again in the morning" history for us to extrapolate from. Content just keeps appearing... :)

...the last thing I expect would happen would be a fix for Italy.

Why? Right now FI is the hottest horse in the stable. BN is a little bit yesterday's news, if you know what I mean. (Okay, that's somewhat of an exaggeration, but there's a grain of truth in there if you are willing to look for it.)

Michael

Why? Right now FI is the hottest horse in the stable. BN is a little bit yesterday's news, if you know what I mean. (Okay, that's somewhat of an exaggeration, but there's a grain of truth in there if you are willing to look for it.)

Michael

1) New is not better.

2) Last time I checked there are plans to release new modules for BN.

3) Missing soldiers bug in BN. Not fixed. Guess I will have to pay for a 2.0 update.

4) No communication for the most part as of late.

5) Activation limits without the ability to unlicense, not sure who thought this would be a good idea. Just recently changed a hard drive with ghosting software and had to use another license. Protect your software, don't give the screw to the paying customer.

Need I go on?? It's great that we are going to be getting games and modules faster, but that also comes with a negative.

1) New is not better.

Not necessarily better. Notice the distinction?

2) Last time I checked there are plans to release new modules for BN.

Yes. So? Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

3) Missing soldiers bug in BN. Not fixed. Guess I will have to pay for a 2.0 update.

Sorry, you lost me there. Care to enlarge on that?

4) No communication for the most part as of late.

Okay, somewhat true, although since the release of the patch for FI both Steve and Phil have posted, especially Phil. But again, if the choice is between working on projects, including the ones you personally want, and being dragged into long discussions of various topics, which would you choose? Just for the record, I acknowledge that there should be a middle ground whereby somebody at BFC makes it his business to provide a brief weekly bulletin on works in progress. But it needs to be received with the firm understanding that there will be NO Q&A following announcements (the dragged into long discussions issue again).

5) Activation limits without the ability to unlicense, not sure who thought this would be a good idea. Just recently changed a hard drive with ghosting software and had to use another license. Protect your software, don't give the screw to the paying customer.

I have no experience of this problem and therefore no opinion about it.

Need I go on?? It's great that we are going to be getting games and modules faster, but that also comes with a negative.

Well, as I keep telling myself, we live in an imperfect world. We each have to make whatever accommodation to it we can. Just about everything comes with a negative...at least that's been my experience. If yours has been otherwise, count your lucky stars. Or maybe open a consultancy.

:D

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

I never knew there are activation limits? Or it's different for CM:N and CM:FI (which I have)? I never saw how many activations I have left, at least the copy protection did not bother to inform me.

But in general, I second this. BF is using the most notorious copy protection ever invented by a human being. Just yesterday I had to set my clock one hour back because of the daylight saving time. Guess what happened? Was unable to launch CMFI with a message "your clock was set back, please restore yada yada".

You mean for BN? They still haven't pulled it out of the hat yet. Possibly out before the end of the month though, and almost certain to be out before the end of the year. That's just my feeling anyway.

Michael

Yea, I mean Upgrade for BN. It was promised in October, now is November 5th...:(

"End of year" is the very sad for me 'cos I have hope to use new map-making feature of Engine 2.0