SFX 1.2.1 *ultimate edition*

stephsen

Hey everyone,

and sorry for the tarnish difficulties,my internet connection at this time is very terrible.I have updated the new version because i found a few errors and balance problems.

here is the new Link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22390051/SFX_1.2.1.rar

Password: warcry

install: put the SFX file in your game/data/Z folder thats it.

!!not compatible with other Soundmods,exception: Mords immersive american voice mod !!

i have test it with this Smoke-mod and it looks really great with the new Sounds: http://www.battlefront.com/community...d.php?t=106331

best Regards Stephsen

Nice combo!

What I'm not really sure of is the volume of the big/bigger guns (gun 20 up to gun 155) in comparison to the volume of small arms fire. Can you make them more loud so that they stand out more in comparison to small arms fire?

Edit: That link to a smoke mod is not working.

Well it seemed to d/l ok - seemed like a small folder actually. But, when the password window appeared those windows on my computer froze up and I can't do anything with em. Fortunately I can still get here. I will now have to reboot and hope this d/l hasn't done something malicious. Use CMMODS mate.

After trying it out, I'm in two minds. I'm not sure why you changed some ( all ? ) of your previous sounds.

The vehicles idling sounds very good and some of the small arms ( MP40 particularly ) sound excellent - better than before.

But I found many of the big guns - tank guns - sound rather muffled compared with your 1e version - can you explain why the change please ?

I'm happy to take your word for it, as I've never heard any in real life, mostly curious.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Amazing stuff!! Absolutely amazing. This is a must have sound effects mod.

I absolutely love the pings and the small arms fire. Incredibly detailed. I found myself ducking at one point.

I have to agree about the nature of the heavier stuff - I have yet to hear artillery rounds, but did the 75mm really sound like that? (I'm testing it with CMFI by the way, and am using a T30 HMC, with a L/16 75mm. I *think* it sounds right to me, especially because its a L/16 but I'm not sure this will sound right for the faster Sherman gun. I could be completely wrong though!

Thanks for making this, but I have one problem: I do not hear the falling of artillery. Everything else sounds ok its just these sounds missing. I checked the permissions and they look ok. Someone else with the same problem?

@Seedorf: these are all wavs - no virus in wavs.

Thanks for making this, but I have one problem: I do not hear the falling of artillery. Everything else sounds ok its just these sounds missing. I checked the permissions and they look ok. Someone else with the same problem?

@Seedorf: these are all wavs - no virus in wavs.

There is no falling of mortar rounds anymore, but that's how it should be. I love the 'crump' of the shells now. But you do hear the heavier shells incoming, although I think the noise has been shortened a little. But the overall effect is stunning - the meaty explosions of the 155mm is great.