New file at the Repository: Mord's Civil War Mod (2012-09-19)

Turns Syrian Reservists and Militia, Infantry, Tank crews and AFV crews into street clothes wearing fighters. Combine this with my Mixed Combatants mod and you have a nice recipe for civil war type scenarios (Vs Syrian Mech, Guards, Airborne or SF) or insurgent fighters who have gotten their hands on some better weaponry.

More...

Thanks. Hope you guys like it. LOL I didn't even know it finally posted. I uploaded it three days ago. I just updated the thumb pic, so hopefully that won't mess with it. For some reason you can't add a pic now, when you post a mod in CMSF.

Be sure to check out the readme for some important notes on shared troop types. This also uses the work of a couple other modders, M1A1 and MikeyD to name two.

Here's a preview pic.

mordcivilwarsplash.jpg

Mord.

Wonder if it will work in CMA???

Nope. The Muj files would have to be hex edited to point at the Syrians or something to that effect. I had a helluva time getting it to work but mostly because I was rusty not having done a hex mod since the failed Airborne beret stuff for CMBN.

Mord.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you're still modding CMSF, Mord. I actually felt like resuming my Baba Amr game with SBurke, but my CM PC is hors de combat.

One nit: if Syria is a guide, most army deserters (e.g. vehicle crews) seem to keep their uniforms, even if they've dispensed with the webgear and helmets. A lot of them mask their faces for fear of the shabiha. The full civvie clothes seem to be worn by neighbourhood fighters. I know your Mixed mod includes army tunics worn with jeans.

Glad you're still modding CMSF, Mord. I actually felt like resuming my Baba Amr game with SBurke, but my CM PC is hors de combat.

One nit: if Syria is a guide, most army deserters (e.g. vehicle crews) seem to keep their uniforms, even if they've dispensed with the webgear and helmets. A lot of them mask their faces for fear of the shabiha. The full civvie clothes seem to be worn by neighbourhood fighters. I know your Mixed mod includes army tunics worn with jeans.

Dang I'll come out there and fix your PC! LOL I keep looking at that longingly in my saved games.