Maybe too soon.....wish list

Remember CMFI has more commands to contend with than CMBN does. Looking down a single menu was starting to resemble searching a long grocery list for the item you wanted. You're just experience the initial shock-of-the-new. Give it three days and you will have forgot there was a difference at all. :)

Remember CMFI has more commands to contend with than CMBN does. Looking down a single menu was starting to resemble searching a long grocery list for the item you wanted. You're just experience the initial shock-of-the-new. Give it three days and you will have forgot there was a difference at all. :)

Old habits die hard I guess, but I will keep an open mind about the new version :)

I would like Company and Battalion icons to be slightly different than platoon hq icons. In the heat of battle I hate clicking every flag icon to see who is who.

I wouldn't mind having this, would be very useful.

Now that we have adjustable waypoints, we need them to be selectable as well like CMx1.

Also make draw distances user defined in the options. I have a beefy system (i5 ivybridge cpu, asus z77 mobo, 16 gb ram, 3 SSDs, and a GTX 690 GPU) built for DCS A-10 which is a resource whore, it would be nice to give it a work out with CMFI. I'd like to be able to render the whole map at all times, tired of all the funky texture switching on big maps at medium camera elevation.

Now that we have adjustable waypoints, we need them to be selectable as well like CMx1.

From what I could tell, and if I understand you correctly, it seems they are. I had two waypoints set for a squad and selected the middle one and adjusted it to where I needed it.

(DCS A10 rocks, BTW!! Do you have the Warthog joystick set?)

You guys aren't used to the new features yet and not taking full advantage. Remember you can assign groups by number now. So you can make A company 1 and the platoons 234, then B company 5 and platoons 678 for instance.

Also dont forget if you nothing selected use the -/+ keys the first to come up is your Highest command. Alot easier to hit the buttons real quick then having to click individual flags.

From what I could tell, and if I understand you correctly, it seems they are. I had two waypoints set for a squad and selected the middle one and adjusted it to where I needed it.

(DCS A10 rocks, BTW!! Do you have the Warthog joystick set?)

Yes I have a WH and it does rock.

What I mean is, you plot waypoints for a whole platoon, when you move forward to adjust them you have to go back and click each squad to make active then adjust the waypoint.

In CMx1, set the option "show all paths", then you could simply click the waypoint to make the next squad active for way point adjustment.

I know but you can't select or activate a unit by clicking the path in CMx2. To me selecting a new unit with the waypoint path is almost as important as adjusting it. Saves alot of back and forath scrolling.

This is a good point. It seems intuitive to me that you can select a unit from its shown path, so much so that I sometimes try to, and that can't be learned behaviour from x1 on my part; I didn't play it enough to get habits that ingrained.

Hello All:

Not sure what the name is of this part of the UI. I want to say Unit Panel or Organization Panel.

Panel.JPG

I think it would be great if it was specific when it is listing Teams. IOW saying Scout Team, HMG Team, etc. iso just team.

It would give us another way to find stuff quickly. There is room for this text as the first entry in the pic is much longer.

Thanks,

Gerry