This is why I'm still playing...

Hmm, I went back to check the dates and it appears that while there was 1 year between the announcement of the NATO module and the CMBN release it was only 7 months between the releases, so we could perhaps compress that schedule a bit. 7 months between the last module of a game and a new basic game would put it in July 2018.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you consider the CMSF schedule, I think we could be in Russia in 4 years or less, since either Moon or Phil last year thought it would be more like two and a half years.

CMSF release...July 2007

CMSF release gets fixed proper-like :D ...2007

CMSF Marines...2008 (or was it early 2009?)

CMSF Brits...2009

CMSF NATO...2010

CNBN...May 2011

And sometime in there, the 3rd party CM: Afghanistan was released. That seems like a lot in 5 years. So finishing off CMBN, and completing CM Bulge should be doable in 3-4 years.

There Steve and Phil, there's your schedule.

"nuff said!:)

That's a thought. It seems like one has the WW2 crowd and the modern fans with limited crossover appeal. So, farming out WW2 could make sense while BF continues to try and build an inexpensive but accurate modern sim that can be used for mil training. That way lies the big bucks. (Big risks too of course.)

I meant farm out East Front.

I hope so. If it's going to occupy so many releases just to handle Market Garden - a 9 day campaign - and the Bulge, imagine how many releases will be possible for the EF if we are given the usual suspects, let alone some more obscure ones. For example in no particular order

CM:Barbarossa

CM:Smolensk

CM:Leningrad

CM:Moscow

CM:Kharkov (1,2,3 & 4)

CM:Stalingrad

CM:Kursk

CM:Korsun Pocket

CM:Bagration

CM:Warsaw

CM:Hungary

CM:East Prussia

CM:Berlin

- oh, insert expansion 1,2 & 3 after each of those ;)

cheers!

I hope so. If it's going to occupy so many releases just to handle Market Garden - a 9 day campaign - and the Bulge, imagine how many releases will be possible for the EF if we are given the usual suspects, let alone some more obscure ones. For example in no particular order

CM:Barbarossa

CM:Smolensk

CM:Leningrad

CM:Moscow

CM:Kharkov (1,2,3 & 4)

CM:Stalingrad

CM:Kursk

CM:Korsun Pocket

CM:Bagration

CM:Warsaw

CM:Hungary

CM:East Prussia

CM:Berlin

- oh, insert expansion 1,2 & 3 after each of those ;)

cheers!

Market garden is a single module. The Bugle base game was stated to be (with modules) Bulge through to the end of the war. The east front stuff, the last plan I saw, was essentially one base game for each year of the war (i.e. 41-42, 42-43, 43-44, 44-45) with (presumably) each base game covering one major operation and the modules adding extra forces and extending the range in time to cover other parts of that year - the same way the Market Garden module will extend the time range of CMBN through to the end of September '44.

Ohhh I say we waterboard George MC. He has information.

Just kidding. We can't waterboard the guy who made Huzzar. We'll have to settle for sleep deprivation.

BTW George, have you seen my little bug report thread?

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=98657&highlight=walls

Ohhh I say we waterboard George MC. He has information.

Just kidding. We can't waterboard the guy who made Huzzar. We'll have to settle for sleep deprivation.

BTW George, have you seen my little bug report thread?

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=98657&highlight=walls

Yup saw it but I see Steve has responded since I last looked at it.

Good to know scenario design has RL uses such as saving me from torture or detention or both. :D No pressure to keep the standard up though!

Yup saw it but I see Steve has responded since I last looked at it.

:confused: Not unless YankeeDog's real name is Steve.

Good to know scenario design has RL uses such as saving me from torture or detention or both. :D No pressure to keep the standard up though!

And just think how much more scenario work you will get done when we don't let you sleep anymore :)

EDIT: Oh wow. I just realized I linked to the wrong thread in my previous post. That thread is ancient. I meant this one:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=104744

• 2 weeks later...
There is a line we used to use for the Dead (for those of you unfamiliar, that would be The Grateful Dead) -

"They aren't the best at what they do, they are the only ones that do what they do."

That in a nutshell is what keeps me playing BFC games and CMx2 in particular.

There are a bunch of tactical games out there 2d and 3d. All of them have some features/capabilities of CMx2 but none have them all.

What I love about it?

1- Watching the TAC AI.

I'm proud of my TAC AI's most recent exploit. I had a platoon of engineers and two Shermans facing a Panther...well they had located it and it had no LOS on them though they were very close with a gate in the bocage and some bocage between them. This was in real time so -- hoping for the best -- I just gave the engineers (a lot of them -- well the whole Platoon by squad as fast as I could) an assault order. They tossed a fantastic amount of smoke onto the Panther went right by it and wiped out a passle of German infantry. Sensing an opening, I sent a Sherman off behind the Panther. anyway, eventually in the melee (so to speak) somebody blew up the Panther, though I'm not sure when. It might have happened right after the smoke -- indeed the first engineer squad might have smoked the Panther and blown it up in less than a minute.

The only order I gave was an assault order and they seem to have taken out the Panther almost instantly. Not bad for TAC AI.