Does the AI fight fair in solitaire WeGo?

When I fight the AI in solitaire WeGo, I have to provide my units their orders for each minute / turn. Does the AI provide its units orders for the next minute and accept the results as I must, or does it issue its orders on the fly and react to the situations developing during the turn?

Don't worry, the AI is not even close to being clever enough for that sort of thing. The TacAI will react to things just like your troops do (like taking cover, tanks popping smoke if fired upon, etc), but if say, the AI spots your AT gun, it won't change it's plans to drive a tank right into the AT guns sights.

I know the AI and I'm sorry about it's feelings, but it is a lousy cheatin jerk. Heck even playing cards for pennies it can't help but cheat. I hear it even cheats on it's spouse.

Fortunately it is a stupid cheater and as Ranger33 notes, it is still very much hampered by relative spotting even more than we are. At least if I know there is an AT gun around the corner I won't send a second tank down that road, the AI will. Which is a good thing as otherwise it is cheatin lowlife. I think it crashed my computer the other day out of sheer spite cause I was winning.

Does the AI provide its units orders for the next minute and accept the results as I must

Yes. That is what it does. It does not even have the intelligence to calculate what orders to give to optimize for the one minute intervals. It just gives orders for the next path and then waits for the next turn.

CM1Fan

Just for the record, and in case the point gets lost amidst the humour, the AI does not cheat in this series of games. The AI is locked into a script and it will follow its script until either the game ends or the script is finshed. The AI cannot re-evaluate its plans. If the AI has one advantage over the human player, it is that it can co-ordinate very large forces with reasonable efficiency while playing in RT, whereas the human player cannot. And that's about it. ;)

Since the "cheating" question has already been answered, I will just make the observation, CM1fan, that you will discover, if you have not already, that the AI is only a mediocre opponent, at best. It does best, IMO, in pre-made scenarios where the scenario designer gives it a script and specifies that the human play a certain side. In quick battles, the AI is decent at defending, if you give it +25% (or better) forces. It sucks at attacking, but occasionally gets lucky.

PBEM is where CMBN really shines, IMO, but the AI has the huge advantage of always being available for a game, and a fantastic turn rate. ;-)

The AI seems to know where Ive set my troops up in a QB every time, well almost every time. Does it have to blast you with Arty in the set up zone in almost every QB? If it were a human Id be calling it a gamey bastage......

The AI seems to know where Ive set my troops up in a QB every time, well almost every time. Does it have to blast you with Arty in the set up zone in almost every QB? If it were a human Id be calling it a gamey bastage......

I have had the exact opposite experience. Most of the time the AI is blasting away with it's off board arty in a section of the map that I have no troops in.

The AI is very good at selecting and targeting your H.Q. units....Maybe even a little too good?????

That's an imagined ability. The computer player doesn't target your HQ units. It doesn't target anything, at all. Zip, nada. It leaves targetting up to the units' own TacAI, so it's the same if you only gave your units movement orders.

When I fight the AI in solitaire WeGo, I have to provide my units their orders for each minute / turn. Does the AI provide its units orders for the next minute and accept the results as I must, or does it issue its orders on the fly and react to the situations developing during the turn?

You can play any battle in 'design' mode and answer this for yourself. You can see the AI movement orders.

Actually the AI is at a big disadvantage. Humans have the ability to see the entire battlefield and have knowledge of units that were once spotted but now gone. AI units only react to what it can see and have no knowledge of the geography of the battlefield unless it can see it.