Patch update?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this in the tech support forum - post was from 16.3.:

We are testing right now (also the new updated v1.10 free Demo with a new Commonwealth scenario). I'm thinking 7-14 days tops.

so i do not expect that the 1.10 patch will be released anytime soon. and there is no word about an 1.11 or 1.10b patch

I have the CW mod with 1.10 and can tell you there's a problem with it so they may be trying to fix that before mass release.

The problem is that if you save your setup and exit the game when u come back u cant load that saved file. Someone mentioned it may be due to barbed wire in certain scenarios.

Patch delay is also probably a marketing tactic - they sell more CF modules that way. Not that I have anything against it - team deserves good income so that they can survive and produce brilliant games in the future.

this was the way they made me buy the brits module of cmsf but i don t regret it.

this time my enthusiasm is not that big due to the absence of new features in 1.10

i just want 1.10 to play the fgm operation overlord campaign

Patch delay is also probably a marketing tactic - they sell more CF modules that way. Not that I have anything against it - team deserves good income so that they can survive and produce brilliant games in the future.

The end result is the same, but the simple truth is that we can't do everything at once. So naturally the first focus is on the getting the paying stuff (i.e. module) out, and THEN work on the (free) patch. So it's not a deliberate marketing tactic, but then again, the end result does work out to about the same :)

Truth be told, we'd have had the patch out some time ago already, but there were a couple of Mac activation issues as well as a last minute bug found in the demo that delayed things somewhat. The v1.10 is coming out today, and the patch will follow very shortly thereafter.

Great!!! I am going to tackle Raff again to try out the tougher buildings.

Just to be clear. Ver 1.10 today but the patch is for the demo? Did I get this correct?

The new updated v1.10 demo is out just now. This is just a demo.

The v1.10 patch is next, but I don't think it'll be today. The v1.10 will be only for people who have CM:BN (v1.00 or v1.01) and do NOT have Commonwealth. If you have Commonwealth, you don't need this patch (in fact, you should NOT install it because it'll erase your module).

It will update the base game engine to v1.10, same as what is included in the Commonwealth module already(i.e. the module includes Commonwealth and already has the base gam eengine updated to v1.10).

Martin

Speaking of predictions, Hister, did you get your nick from Nostradamus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus

This is the second or third time I was asked that :) Short answer is no. Long answer is that I got my nickname from tribes that settled Istrian peninsula (parts of today's Croatia, Slovenia and Italy) and for some time successfully fought against the Romans. I live in Slovenian Istria and thus got the idea for such a nickname (I'm an avid lover of history). :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histri