[PREVIEW] Juju's TweakedUI v1.1 interface enhancement mod

Juju

Edit: something like this

---a picture---

but without that stupid border.

or this

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%C3%9Cbrige_Angeh%C3%B6rige_der_Luftwaffe.svg

but presented as a rectangle (or, actually, maybe left as a triangle?)

Ooh, I like the triangular one, for variation. I'll try that out first.

@ Erwin: I'm thinking either on or off, for the skull. There are already six options per file. That should be enough. I don't want to overwhelm people with too many options (too late, maybe). although, I might just remove it from the the one with the arm.

Back to the C&C icons and a possible, though perhaps a little sterile, solution. Would this work?

C&C.jpg

I could make it 'voice only.'

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I like the colour of the triangle better. The rectangle seems a bit ... lurid.

OTOH, lurid is the 3R, and especially Goering's bit of the 3R, through and through.

Edit: But, on the other other hand, I couldn't stand looking at that lurid flag for too long. It makes my eyes hurt. So the triangle it is.

I think I like the colour of the triangle better. The rectangle seems a bit ... lurid.

OTOH, lurid is the 3R, and especially Goering's bit of the 3R, through and through.

There's a LOL there, I'm sure. It's just, I don't know what '3R' means.

OK here is my suggestion for C&C icons:

-> the Radio: keep it as it is, or eventually find a green plate one from WW2, but should stay 2D

-> the full figured officer should be more dynamic (as you did for HQs) not just staring but pointing and moving himself: since it's shared by both allied and axis (?) may be silhouetted, pistol in one hand and pointing or signalling with the other hand

-> head and shoulders (from the brows down, so you exclude caps and helmets and can be shared) 'howling mad' expression

-> just the face (from brows to chin) Sergio Leone style, maybe highlighting the eyes

Doh! I like the blue rectangle for Luftwaffe. Precisely cos you see at a brief glance exactly what it is. Am all about what makes something instantly understandable. Another set of options...?

Also, re the C&C icons, I never had a problem with 1, 2 or 4. It was 3 that I never actually understood till now. But, I'd still prefer a visual - like binoculars.

OK here is my suggestion for C&C icons:

-> the full figured officer should be more dynamic (as you did for HQs) not just staring but pointing and moving himself: since it's shared by both allied and axis (?) may be silhouetted, pistol in one hand and pointing or signalling with the other hand

-> head and shoulders (from the brows down, so you exclude caps and helmets and can be shared) 'howling mad' expression

-> just the face (from brows to chin) Sergio Leone style, maybe highlighting the eyes

Nice ideas, but very, very difficult -if not impossible- to pull off. You have to realize these files are so fracking tiny that almost nothing works. I'd like to once again refer to the lady part incident I mentioned earlier. To give another example, I tried a hand signal for the 'visual distant' file. And once I shrank it down to the required size it became a totally acceptable bunny rabbit! It was a cute bunny rabbit, but still... :(

@ Xian: Hey, I was expecting you. ;) Alright. You talked me into it. The colors you posted a few pages back, are those the same as the ones I 'patched' for you a while back? If not, which scheme would you like me to use?

@ Erwin: Still WIP, so who knows, I might still use both flags. I just need to lose the 'lurid-ness' from the rectangular one.

Hi Juju - I really liked the scheme with you suggested on this thread that the majority said was not clear enough: def%20color%20palette%20new.jpg

I think that some people may prefer it... well me at least :-)

I realise that you are very soon going end end up with a design by committee if people keep making requests - but I think if it is a customisable option it should be okay.

Personally I think BFC should pay you for the design and make it the default UI. Okay, the original UI is functional, but yours is functional and beautiful.

Hello Juju,

I've noticed on your preview that german major and lt-colonel ranks have pink (orange?) and green border and another one with yellow. Those color border were use to identify what weapon branch the officer was serving with. For exemple, your major with pink border means it was in an armored formation and light green for panzergrenadier.

Unless the game could swap them automatically to fit with what branch the officer was serving, I suggest that you simply remove it and keep a generic rank just like you did for captain and leutnant. Otherwise we could end up with and infantry batt. commander by a major from an armored unit :)

Cheers,

Serk

Hello Juju,

I've noticed on your preview that german major and lt-colonel ranks have pink (orange?) and green border and another one with yellow. Those color border were use to identify what weapon branch the officer was serving with. I suggest that you simply remove it and keep a generic rank just like you did for captain and leutnant

I know, and you are right. Hmm. You may actually have a point there. I included the colors in the first place because they looked kinda fun, but they may not be entirely appropriate. Frankly, I'm kinda surprised, now, that nobody else has commented on it. :D I'll take a look.

@ Xian: I'll whip up a test file for you and send it by mail within the hour. You can test it in-game first, before I start editing all related files.

Good Good.

I'm taking a look at it now.

YEah - I'm trying to see what is most in keeping with the normal chromatic sequence (like that used by BFC). Bear with me - I'm just checking some colour palettes

Also - you are going for squares rather than circles - or was it always like that?

CMAK_VS_CMBB.jpg

Hi Juju,

Sorry to leave you waiting. Have just finished building a new machine after a total hard drive crash (fortunately multiple backups of everything), will try to assemble my files tonight for uploading. Haven't reinstalled email yet so letting you know here.

No problem, Marco. And there's no rush. I've been keeping busy in the meantime on some cool new stuff that otherwise wouldn't have been in in the first place. At least something good came out of that crash. ;)

Phew. Right. I've just updated the preview pics on page one. Probably for the last time, as I'm calling in a 'feature stop.' So most probably whatchoo-see-is-watchoo-get.

Now it's off to the testers for some possible 'bug squashing.' Mainly in the sense that everything is indeed there and where it's supposed to be. With 816 modded files, including the optional ones, there's bound to be a foul-up somewhere. Fingers crossed. ;)

Well I still think we should paypal some cash over to him. It doesn't have to be a large amount but I for one would like to see this happen.

I thought this needed bumping! Can you arrange a little pot for us to throw some pennies in Phil?

Thanks Juju. The game wouldnt be the same without it, as we've all been reminded of since the release of CW.

Except this time you've really gone and done it, now your never going to be allowed to stop modding!

I thought this needed bumping! Can you arrange a little pot for us to throw some pennies in Phil?

Thanks Juju. The game wouldnt be the same without it, as we've all been reminded of since the release of CW.

Except this time you've really gone and done it, now your never going to be allowed to stop modding!

Sure consider it done. I've already contributed so if anyone else wants to, send paypal gift to pdstanbridge @ hotmail.com