YouTube Video-The Waffen SS Advances

Thanks for posting that. I enjoyed watching it!

What encoding settings are you using to upload full 1080p HD?

Even though all of the videos I have uploaded have been 1080p HD (avi) files, the highest quality that YouTube will give me is 480.

Thank you Macisle.

Well, I'm learning a new software and this is very much new to me but here is what I used...not that I understand it all.

When I'm in the output section of my software, I have many, many choices given to me in templates. I chose the following template which gives me these output settings:

Internet 1920x1080-25p

Audio 128kbps, 48,000Hz, 32bit, Stereo, AAC

25fps, 1920x1080 Progressive, YUV, 16Mbps

Pixel Aspect Ratio 1.000

I hope this helps.

@everyone who responded. Thank you for your kind comments. And due to me having this new software, I do intend to do more and hopefully get progressively better. I'm contemplating that once I feel comfortable enough...I'd like to do a deep, Video AAR of one of my missions either single player or with permission from an opponant, a PBEM match.

Fantastic! Some of the scenes with the infantry crouching behind cover whilst the Panthers opened up, or the halftracks edging behind the tanks were straight out of Die Deutsche Wochenschau. I particularly liked the prone MG-42 gunner waving on his comrades, and the brave Sten gunner firing whilst all around was chaos!

Couple of points

What gives with the 251/10's gunners Meercat impersonation? Is the ducking down a loading animation why not an anti-tank loading animation?

Panthers looked awesome until they moved and fired, then their dynamics were similar to the 251's. Please can we have an adjustment, it really destroys the mood the game strives hard to create. The slow-motion infantry are an annoying but understandable compromise but the rockin n' rolling big cats just look daft.

Can someone explain why the British have no netting/burlap on their helmets? The shape, although not the fidelity, is better in CM 1. The basic battle bowler looks so out of place, as though the Axis and Allies are fighting in a time warp. One almost expects a Matilda to come bowling along (if a Matilda could get up to speed to be described as bowling)

Still these quibbles take nothing away from a fine effort, in my best Oliver tones. "Please Mr Frankster, can we have some more"

Fantastic! Some of the scenes with the infantry crouching behind cover whilst the Panthers opened up, or the halftracks edging behind the tanks were straight out of Die Deutsche Wochenschau. I particularly liked the prone MG-42 gunner waving on his comrades, and the brave Sten gunner firing whilst all around was chaos!

Couple of points

What gives with the 251/10's gunners Meercat impersonation? Is the ducking down a loading animation why not an anti-tank loading animation?

Panthers looked awesome until they moved and fired, then their dynamics were similar to the 251's. Please can we have an adjustment, it really destroys the mood the game strives hard to create. The slow-motion infantry are an annoying but understandable compromise but the rockin n' rolling big cats just look daft.

Can someone explain why the British have no netting/burlap on their helmets? The shape, although not the fidelity, is better in CM 1. The basic battle bowler looks so out of place, as though the Axis and Allies are fighting in a time warp. One almost expects a Matilda to come bowling along (if a Matilda could get up to speed to be described as bowling)

Still these quibbles take nothing away from a fine effort, in my best Oliver tones. "Please Mr Frankster, can we have some more"

My thoughts exactly.

Thank you Macisle.

Well, I'm learning a new software and this is very much new to me but here is what I used...not that I understand it all.

When I'm in the output section of my software, I have many, many choices given to me in templates. I chose the following template which gives me these output settings:

Internet 1920x1080-25p

Audio 128kbps, 48,000Hz, 32bit, Stereo, AAC

25fps, 1920x1080 Progressive, YUV, 16Mbps

Pixel Aspect Ratio 1.000

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Frankster!

I've got a ton of output options on my software, too (Premier CS5). But so far, I haven't found a flavor of HD 1080p that YouTube's video processor likes. They all get dropped to 480 max. Their FAQs haven't helped so far, either.

I'll see if I can find an output template similar to yours and keep working on it.

Thanks again and please do more vids!

If I'm thinking of the scene you are mentioning with respect to the MG-42 gunner...I don't believe he was waving his comrades on. He was throwing a hand grenade over the bocage wall at the AT gun on the other side. That is why those grenadiers were attacking that bocage wall. They were coming through the orchard to get to the flank of a Canadian AT gun. I'm happy to report they took it out...though at high cost as you saw.

Couple of points

I think you are right...he was reloading I believe but he could have also been ducking all the bullets flying around. There was a lot of lead out there as you know.

I see what you are saying but it actually doesn't bother me at all. So much other cool stuff going on I don't even notice this stuff.

LOL...well said.

Thank you sir. I plan on making more. They will be better now that I'm understanding this new video editing software. Glad you liked it.