Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Then, I usually add the turret weathering, after that, I start removing dirt layers selectively, but as I make mod for myself, I never get to make everyone happy with the dirt amount...Next step is to erase rather than adding (that Schurtzen weathering and rear hull don't look right to me yet).

WIP2-5.jpg

I was wondering for some time but haven't asked and will do so now - did German tanks really have such desert like camo colouring in Normandy like yours have Fuser? If I would be in charge of the German paint-shop back then I would recolour all of my tanks to look more greenish.

So what's your take on this?

I simply desaturated stock bitmaps for a faded "not factory fresh" paint effect. Panther Ds usually had olive green over dark yellow pattern. Starting in September 1944, german tanks had a red brown applied that a stronger red tinge. (RAL 8012 instead of RAL 8017). ) Anyway, google RAL 8012 and you will realize that there is no agreement on the matter, hehe. I guess it's just a matter of "you like it" or " you don't". :)

BTW, there is a very strange problem with decal variants in the Panther A Mid. It's the first time I see this:

Even if you have 2 or 3 decal sets for the turret the game engine will always show a Panther with spare tracks hiding the turret (and markings there). If you have more than 2 Panther A Mids ingame at the same time, then decals start to show (still, spare tracks have some kind of priority). But the odd thing is that the game mixes parts from different bitmaps so I found myself looking at a Panther turret which has markings from 2 different Divisions at the same time. Really odd.