Mulling over future implementation of snow

Yeah, as the title implies. Will Battlefront go with just a graphical representation and abstracted effects, or will they actually model snow as a physical "object"? The latter would mean vehicles and infantry graphically goes through the snow and in best case leaving traces behind. But since marks from vehicles are not implemented at the current state of the engine, it might be considered of low priority, and thus the first option will be chosen. At the same time, I really think CMBN (or indeed Battle of the Bulge) deserves a more detailed and atmospheric representation of snow. Theories anyone?

Nice to have, but it strikes me as a level of eye candy beyond the scope of what CM usually tries to be. Personally I'd be happy with just some NW tiles that add fallen snow to the tile we have now. What's very important is that they blend well, so we don't end up with either solid white Siberia looking maps or ones with ugly jaggy snow patches. And I'd expect to see building rooftops and winter bare trees, both with dustings of snow.

Check out CM:Afghanistan, it has snow (hint: it is not impressive). CM:A also has water, which was much improved in CM:BN so who knows? With snow, corresponding reductions in fatigue and morale due to cold temps will need to be modeled also. Hoping that fog/mist effects will be improved in the future as well.

It would be cool if units that spend more than a certain amount of time stationary in deep snow and when the temperature is below freezing would suffer fatigue penalties.

Why? Snow is actually a pretty good insulator, and it blocks the wind. Speaking as a Northern Boy, assuming same ambient air temperature and wind, I would rather be sitting in a good snow bank where I could burrow in a bit and get out of the wind, than on hard, frozen ground with no snow.

In fact, one of the first things they teach you in cold weather survival is how to use a snowbank as makeshift shelter.

Unless Battlefront wants to do things your way, I would expect them to treat various snow tiles (heavy, slush, solid ground) as they do in the summer (soft, marsh, dirt).

Don't mean that as a jab but I did not realize so many people are indifferent about it. I understand this could be a way's away but to be honest I actually expected a larger time frame covered by the game, ie: autumn and winter models. (The name Normandy can be so abused nowadays I didn't know it was only 3 months, only Americans when I first purchased; this is my first Bf game)

Ouch, considering what the impact would be for showing tracks in the snow... a whole new flavor of relative spotting. With no LOS, a birds eye view shouldn't show anything, so keeping track of where troopers or vehicles had traveled so you could see it later when you advanced and gained LOS to that spot would be a major PITA, if you catch my "snow" drift...