Commonwealth module

You know what...

I'm rather tempted to change a few of the upcoming audio files for the British troops to quotes from 'Dad's Army' and 'It ain't half hot mum!' and possibly 'Allo Allo!'.

It would be great to see a platoon charge into enemy positions, shouting 'They don't like it up 'em!'

... or maybe it's just a weird fancy of mine.

You know what...

I'm rather tempted to change a few of the upcoming audio files for the British troops to quotes from 'Dad's Army' and 'It ain't half hot mum!' and possibly 'Allo Allo!'.

It would be great to see a platoon charge into enemy positions, shouting 'They don't like it up 'em!'

... or maybe it's just a weird fancy of mine.

LOL............

Lagonda_Flamethrower.jpg

Lagonda AA flamethrower

This made me laugh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagonda_flamethrower

Trials and operation

A trial at sea was arranged to test the effectiveness of the weapon as a deterrent to German aircraft. A prototype flamethrower was installed onto the deck of the French trawler La Patrie, modified to fire vertically. When the RAF pilot arrived the team responsible for the construction of the flamethrower, worried that the weapon would prove too effective, briefed him on exactly what he could expect to happen. The results of the test were less than impressive: as instructed, the pilot made his first dummy attack without approaching too closely the area directly above the weapon, which was rigged to fire vertically upwards, but on subsequent runs flew closer and closer to the flame to the point of almost bringing his aircraft directly into the line of fire. The pilot's report made it very clear that he did not believe the weapon to be a very effective deterrent, but admitted that the trials may have been biased by his foreknowledge of their nature. With this in mind, a second trial was arranged with a different pilot. No information at all was given to the man about what he could expect. The results were depressingly similar to those of the first trial — the pilot never wavered in his attack, actually brushing half of his wing into the jet of flame. However, it was discovered afterward that there might be another reason behind the failure of the second test. The pilot chosen for the runs had worked in a circus prior to the war, driving cars through rings and walls of fire on a regular basis.

Hey guys, if I wait until after release I won't have problems getting a hard copy of the Commonwealth module will I? I have to have one to avoid DL due to crappy internet but atm am trying to save up for a new video card. But I definitely am planning on getting it.

You won't have problems. While we do not usually reprint manuals once they are sold out, there is never going to be a shortage of DVDs to send out :)

hi moon i take from the above comment that we get a printed common weath forces manual, if we choose hard copy and download option, is this correct as it makes a big difference to me as if we get a disc only i will download only and if we get a printed manual i will buy hard copy and download. i know it sounds wierd that a simple few page printed booklet means so much to me but it does and i am willing to pay the extra in shipping for it eventhough i live in uk so shipping is not cheap.

thanks

Last announcement was on January 18th...

Which is when Moon wrote that it would probably be four to six weeks. It's only been a little over three weeks, so why should they say anything now? The only announcement that they might make is that it has been delayed, and they wouldn't make that for a couple more weeks. I say no news is good news.

Michael