Commonwealth any warmer?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUm I would dissagrea, there is not only hurgten forest, but also Rhineland battle, wich is to me quite more important than Hurgten

Wich have similar kind of terrain. But also the breack through the last remant of the siegried line,towns and open terrain. There is even later on some airborne operation to cross the rhine. there is also german armored div. fighting aka 116th panzer div. fallishmjagers, wermatch, cdn, brits and americans. What do you want more? I think it's an awsome end of war teather for the west front! The real german last stand on the west.

veritable2.gif

P.S. Siegfried line did exist in early 1940s no?

They almost dismentle it later to build the atlantikwall, but in 1945, they used the remenant of it, to try to build the last defensive line before the allied breakthrough in the heart of germany. Atleast that's what I've understand so far

P.S. I'm stoke for the commonwealth breaking through the pak defesive line will be a tought nut!

Well I think the US troops who had to fight through it probably regarde the Hurtgen as being quite important. And certain commanders thought so too since it gave access to the Roer Dams

Sorry for the spelling! English is not my first language! I'm quite bad at writing.

Ah! Well, I don't blame you then. English is not an easy language to learn if approached from the outside, and I try to cut foreigners some slack on it. It's the native-born who have been hearing and reading it all their lives and who yet still constantly screw it up that bug me. On the other hand, for those willing to take the time and trouble to master it, English is perhaps unsurpassed in allowing subtle distinctions of meanings to be expressed. I may be a bit prejudiced on that issue, but until someone can offer a convincing case in opposition, I will continue to hold it.

Michael

While looking through the new screenshots, I've noticed that some of them have some kind of Depth of field-effect. Is this a new graphics feature, or photoshop? Because it sure looks fantastic!

I can assure you that none of the screens are photoshopped other than to reduce them in size slightly from the native resolution they were taken in, and to add the logo.

Well I think the US troops who had to fight through it probably regarde the Hurtgen as being quite important. And certain commanders thought so too since it gave access to the Roer Dams

I never said that it was a worthless battle, but that for gameplay, I think Rhineland is a bigger and a more usefull terrain to fight on!

Ah! Well, I don't blame you then. English is not an easy language to learn if approached from the outside.

I'm not that bad, but writing it, I often do mistakes!

I can assure you that none of the screens are photoshopped other than to reduce them in size slightly from the native resolution they were taken in, and to add the logo.

I never doubted that, sorry, it was a poor choice of words!

Like I said, it makes the game look really nice! :D Can't wait for release!

Is that like the Insane Welshman Quiz :D

haha no but google a "mad jack" churchill.ah my mistake he was mad and english . stormed the beaches of normandy with claymore, bagpies and a long bow :D and was famously quoted as saying when the war ended "Churchill was said to be unhappy with the sudden end of the war, saying: "If it wasn't for those damn Yanks, we could have kept the war going another 10 years." "

give me a squad of him and ill take berlin by july!

Yep, having done some further investigation it does look like it's supposed to be a Marder I judging by the chassis but the supersturcture looks far too massive compared with the chassis size. If you look at pictures of a Marder I at Wiki for example, the superstructure is nowhere near as tall as despicted in the screen shot.

Regards

KR

ON wikipedia they said it's a marder 1, but I always tought Marder were built on 38T models,

I'm quite sure it's Becker SP AT gun based on french chassis instead of the polish 38t one. Used in 21st Panzer Div.

7,5 cm Pak 40 auf Selbstfahrlafette auf Lr.S. (f)

a344fbaf3584b12125afd122255e2ffb.jpg

other:

10,5 cm leFH 18/4 auf Geschutzwagen Lr.S. (f)

2dbee7ee9abdbee1023a9d0e849748d9.jpg

More info on marder serie: http://www.achtungpanzer.com/marder-marten-series.htm