Okay...We need a bone

Mord

that kinda grosses me out...anyways...I keep seeing people pleading in other threads, and it gets mixed in with the various ebb and flow of posting, so I am gonna prostate myself upon the altar of New Topic, and plead for some info. I am always at my best when serving the greater good...and besides that I am dying to hear something!!!!

We've got NATO, Afghanistan and WWII Normandy all in the pipe, there's gotta be something BFC can throw us! As far as I can tell it's been two months since we last heard anything big.

*AHEM* Take it away Steve....

Mord.

P.S. That's right I said prostate, I am having trouble peeing and I am hoping some cool info will get my flow back up to snuff.

P.S.S WARNING: The obligatory pics of bones and dogs with bones, will be surgically inserted into poster's rectum...I am a whiz with sutures.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to take this too far off topic, but besides 'prostate', you also said 'alter', what's up with that? ...oh, and does being a 'whiz' have anything to do with your prostate, by any chance? *wink*

Just kidding, Mord...we needn't have an altar-cation about this.

Seriously, Steve: We sit, we beg, we roll over, sometimes we play dead, and we chase any stick that's thrown with commendable fervor. Can we get a bone, pretty pretty please?

Not to take this too far off topic, but besides 'prostate', you also said 'alter', what's up with that? ...oh, and does being a 'whiz' have anything to do with your prostate, by any chance? *wink*

Seriously, Steve: We sit, we beg, we roll over, sometimes we play dead, and we chase any stick that's thrown with commendable fervor. Can we get a bone, pretty pretty please?

LOL. That was unintended...the alter part...I shall correct it. The whiz...well...you know...

Mord.

P.S. Nice one on the altar-cation.

I for one don't get it. Normandy, the next big title, is due out in like 4 months. Where are all the amazing weapon/soldier renders, or just bare models if need be. I understand not much ingame work has been done graphics wise, but we've seen many renders of CMSF vehicles/weapons. I want to see those improved StG44s and Panzerfausts already! :D

Well, after rereading the 10th anniversary thread last night, I can understand the reluctance to show any alpha, beta, gama, game screen shots. It was pretty unbelievable how many assumptions were made from a single early pic, which in my opinion looked damn nice even with the CMSF terrain.

Anyhow, some new info on maybe anti tank guns, or infantry or how visual damage will be on vehicles/buildings would be cool. Personally, I am hoping they will leave casualties in open backed vehicles this time or at least on the ground.

Or maybe a screen of the soviets and Muj in the Afghan module...or something about NATO....

I love that all this stuff is coming...I am not gonna be buying anything else for my computer in the next couple years if they keep up with this level of content.

Mord.

P.S. If god really loved me, some guys would come out of the wood work and team up with BFC on a Vietnam game.

I for one don't get it. Normandy, the next big title, is due out in like 4 months. Where are all the amazing weapon/soldier renders, or just bare models if need be. I understand not much ingame work has been done graphics wise, but we've seen many renders of CMSF vehicles/weapons. I want to see those improved StG44s and Panzerfausts already! :D

It's gonna get delayed man. Any game due out so soon would have a ton of media available. If it really was due out in 4 months then they would be beta testing right now; the vast majority of the content, models, maps etc should be done.

We'll they did give us a Patch on 11/11 so it's not as if they haven't given us anything, but you're right. Last official NATO bone was October 2nd. The Normandy Bridges bone was Mid September. I think they've been busy though with PT Boats and Empires of Steel. Russian winter might be slowing Afghanistan. ;)

We'll they did give us a Patch on 11/11 so it's not as if they haven't given us anything, but you're right. Last official NATO bone was October 2nd. The Normandy Bridges bone was Mid September. I think they've been busy though with PT Boats and Empires of Steel. Russian winter might be slowing Afghanistan. ;)

I've spent the last two nights reading through old threads sucking the buried marrow from every post I can...and man, it's driving me insane...I need to stop...there's so much cool stuff on the horizon I think I am gonna blow some blood vessels.

Mord.

It's gonna get delayed man. Any game due out so soon would have a ton of media available. If it really was due out in 4 months then they would be beta testing right now; the vast majority of the content, models, maps etc should be done.

Id agree with this. After all it wasnt all that long ago that Steve said the game would essentially be finished this week. And, if they wanted to it could be published next week but they wanted to have a nice holiday.

What do we actually know about CMN? Well, it has no forum for a start and a game that was good to go would surely have that by now. We have seen a total of 2 screenshots in the past year or two. Again, not indicitive of a game thats ready to go in the near future. No real information or discussions on how the game will improve on the CMSF mechanics.

How do we takle close armour assault, river crossing, camoflage, AT gun animations, soldier animations, mortar animations, how do men wade through water. Can a man see over a hedge or even partially through it? If the game was anywhere near done then Im sure all of the above and much more would be being discussed on the Forum for the game.

I suspect (and this is simply from reading these forums) that the game is no where near completed in the programming department yet. After the programming is complete then the Campaign guys have to work through this and again, this has seemed to be a major brake on modules and so I see no difference with a whole new game.

My best earliest guess is that CMN will be finished around March and out around June after the campaign has been tweaked etc. This is earliest though and recently Im beginning to suspect that this title may be slipping a lot farther back than this.

As for NATO, I have no idea where thats at as Ive read nothing on it for a long while now. Yet another Campaign problem? Or are BF suffering from too many CM projects for a small company? Short answer is, I dont know, but it sure seems like every one of their games is either suffering long delays or as in the case of Histwar and CMC, cancelled.

Of course, I'll be ore than happy to be proven wrong on any count above.

Also, we dont' even know the name of this new game. If it was close certainly they would confirm the name CM:N or whatever they had in mind.

Bummer, as I am really too worked up about WWII to wait that long! I am forced to start buying R/C WWII tanks from Tamiya to fullfill my thirst and that is an expensive habit.

Not exactly bones, but here are the fairly recent quotes from Steve:

11-17-09

As for CM: Afghanistan's delay... it's the typical problem we developers have! Finishing that last 5% takes way, way longer than anybody expects. We're working very closely with our Russian partners to get it done ASAP.

11-16-09

There are only two significant things left to code for Normandy. The rest is the normal pile of odds and ends, ranging from time consuming (scenarios and campaign) to the easy (2D weapons icons) and from the cool (vehicle textures) to the mundane (manual). The detail stuff takes a lot of time, but not 10 months

11-05-09

We are still aiming to have the game itself done before the beginning of the year. Meaning all the features we plan on being added should be in the game. How long it will take to get the game released after that... we're not sure. But a couple of months is certain. Therefore, it won't be January. However, none of us want it to be April either. I haven't had a relaxing summer off since about 2004. Daddy needs a tan.

10-26-09

Version 1.21 will be along shortly. We're not exactly sure if NATO or Normandy will come out first. Right now I'd say it could go either way.

Definitely need bones. Bigger bones. Better bones.

Can we get a new forum for Christmas? Do I recall correctly that people noted that new forums typically precede the new games by a rough amount. Was it 90 days or so?

What's the logic behind this? Just trying to hit the sweet spot between too early (CMMC) and too late?