1.11 Feedback!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C3K,

I absolutely agree with the premise of your argument, BUT in-game, that's what area fire is for. Whenever I notice an rpg or something and I can't see the shooter, I area fire to try to keep him down until I get out of the area. Hope that helps.

As far a 1.11 goes, it's working great for me. I've only seen a couple of MINOR things... once I saw a guy fall from the roof to the bottom floor, then shoot back up to the roof (NOT a big deal at all). Also, the edges of the setup zones kinda fuzz out a bit. Again, not a big deal.

Since I'm away, I installed it on a laptop and it works great! The loading times are much faster, it plays smoothly, etc. I was also very pleased to see that my vehicles were following my waypoints.

GREAT JOB and thanks for all the hard work!!!

Merry Christmas

I just saw something amazing and very cool whilst playing CM:SF today. A recoilless rifle technical was under fire and the gunner became a casualty. This would have put the weapon out of action before 1.11 but this time the loader was able to continue firing, albeit at a reduced rate. Next, the vehicle was immobilized, and the driver got out of the cab and helped crew the weapon, which improved the rate of fire. The vehicle was destroyed soon after but it was a joy to watch!

So far v1.11 plays more realistically for me in tiny platoon size scenarios. Even the technicals seem to have gone to driving school! The game feels like it loads faster (no stopwatch) and the Blue Bar.... what can I say. An effective and nostalgic solution to user enjoyment. Will try some bigger scenarios to see how v1.11 works.

I am using a MacBook Pro 2.5 with GeForce 8600M GT - 512 MB driving a 23" Apple LCD 1920 x 1200 and getting very playable FPS in these smaller scenarios with everything set to best! In Booty Camp no less!

Who could ask for more? Well OSX native would be nice Santa:D

Thanks BFC.

Gents,

I appreciate the comments you've made. In the situation I described, there were TWO RPG launches before the truck's gunner ID'ed the RPG team and their location. I think the TacAI is well tuned in that regard (spotting RPG teams).

Next, the TacAI directed the gunner to fire the .50 at the threat. Excellent! After 5-8 rounds, the threat was no longer ID'ed. The gunner then ignored them.

The behavior I think needs tweaking is the gunner ignoring the known location of a deadly threat which has twice tried to kill him and destroy his vehicle. The tweak I'd think could improve the game would be to have the gunner continue to fire on the area in which the RPG team was located. He KNOWS where that area is because the RPG team was identified. Hence, 5-8 rounds of return fire is just a bit too light. ESPECIALLY given that there are no other threats, contacts, or any other fire anywhere elsed.

That's all; let the vehicle gunner spray the treeline a bit more in WeGo after the enemy is suppressed.

Thanks,

Ken

A big thanks to BTS for making it so that the entire 1 minute turn of combat is calculated in full before ever seeing any of the battle in that turn on the video replay! :) This is a *huge* benefit to turn-based PBEM, so you can see the battle at exactly the pace you want to watch it at (with pause and rewind available right from the start of the turn), without having to view the whole minute of combat in real-time (and probably spoil the surprise of upcoming major combat in that turn that you don't want to see just yet) before you can rewind and pause when you like. Great job! :)

C3K,

Sorry, I think you've got a good point. I always play in rt mode and wasn't thinking about wego, where you can only make adjustments every minute. In rt mode, it's easy enough to just pause the game at any time and give any orders needed. Playing this way, laying down suppressing fire whenever needed is a snap. In wego, I think that would frustrate me as well. Good observation. Otherwise, the 1.11 patch is a marked improvement over 1.10.

I just patched up and it fixed my sound problem which was good. I also noticed the addition of the IR/EO jammer to USMC M1A1 Abrams.

Can anybody spot the changes that were made to the other models? I wish I had taken a few shots from 1.10 for comparison.

White shell casing bug is still around, but I can live with it for now.

A big thanks to BTS for making it so that the entire 1 minute turn of combat is calculated in full before ever seeing any of the battle in that turn on the video replay! :) This is a *huge* benefit to turn-based PBEM, so you can see the battle at exactly the pace you want to watch it at (with pause and rewind available right from the start of the turn), without having to view the whole minute of combat in real-time (and probably spoil the surprise of upcoming major combat in that turn that you don't want to see just yet) before you can rewind and pause when you like. Great job! :)

ditto! good job!

Really looking forward to downloading 1.11 tonight and getting back into CMSF after several week's absence. That patch list is simply amazing!

I'm particularly gratified that one of the features I (and many others :>) were arguing for was included - the ability to turn off floating icons completely. I'd held off playing "Guarding the Far Flank" in the hopes that feature would come along, and reading another poster's experiencing playing without floating icons and having it "like a movie" is exactly what I'm anticipating.

OK, here's my question:

I'd completed the first mission of the Marines campaign, and stopped playing at the setup round of the second mission. That was a few weeks ago. I understand there's an updated Marines campaign in the 1.11 patch. Do I have to restart the Marines campaign, or can I pick up where I left off?

Also, do we know (in general) what's changed in the updated Marines campaign?

Thanks!

Chris

Unfortunately, new Campaign files require a restart from the beginning. That's because a battle or campaign is embedded into the save game file. This is a very good design or a number of reasons, however with Campaigns it has some drawbacks. The inability to get an update for the Campaign mid-play is definitely not a good thing. We realize this is not a great thing so on our list for Normandy is the capability for CM to separate the save info from the Campaign file. It's a little tricky to do this so as to ensure continuity in the event of major changes to the Campaign, however it's definitely doable.

Lots of small changes were made to the Campaign. One significant change was fixing some unanticipated situations early on that could result in Red coming into the battle with almost no units.

Steve

Steve- thanks for the quick reply. Fortunately, one mission won't be that bad to replay (especially as I have a much better idea of the Syrian defensive deployment :>). I can't say enough how much I appreciate the continued work you and the team put it into the CM series. You'll have a Day 1 buyer here for any module coming up.

Looking forward to CM British Forces and CM Normandy.

Chris