The CMBN Theater is open! Post cinematic CMBN vids here.

Yeah Dodging Grenades returning Fire - They do have I assume 1911 colt .45's  here is a stopping power chart taken from a 1976 source. - the info is based on stopping power is primarily due to bullet weight and caliber.  Velocity is a distant back seat. notice how the .45 compares to other calibers 

stopping%20power.jpg

.45 ACP not the colt they had the ACP 

IanL,

Your beach assault looks like it's going to force Ike to use his "We tried, failed, and it's my fault letter." Speaking of invasion failure I read some awhile back about Airborne at D-Day who allegedly managed to find and wipe out a Nebelwerfer battery positioned to plaster the beach and did so just as it was readying to fire. Here's a short but very good thread from Axis Forum on Nebelwerfers and D-Day. Given the way my brain works, there may be conflation from the experience of SGT Bob Slaughter, 116th IR, 29th ID, who watched an untrained observer bring direct fire from a US destroyer on a German PB from which Nebelwerfers were being fired. Bad for Nebelwerfers! Read about that here, p. 229.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

IanL,

Quite remarkable to keep the (what experience level?) Churchill in the fight after taking two penetrations in rapid succession (crew morale?) and two crew casualties about halfway through the turn. That tank must've been ringing like a bell from all those those hits.

Rinaldi,

Very nice, I like that part of Normandy a lot better than bocage. Believe you need Fuser's CMBN mods, though. Your AFVs look altogether too shiny and new. Pretty much pulverized your opponent,ugly what you did to his Lander in trucks,  but I see he did kill one of your Shermans. Armored Infantry in action! Since I saw no MG guys go down in any of the halftracks, I guess BFC did something about gunner casualty probability.

umlaut,

Very cinematic. You have a fine eye for shot composition. Wiping out a UC with a main gun round is certainly assured destruction, but I doubt it would sit well with any number of German higher ups and doubtless violated various regs to do so.

Regards,

John Kettler 

Edited by John Kettler

Impressive - real life looking!

What program do you use for video editing, adding sound and cropping out user interface?

sorry for the late late response ....nothing special I use Movie studio platinum 12... to take out the interface I get closer, use the event pan/crop and still looks clear

Rinaldi,

Very nice, I like that part of Normandy a lot better than bocage. Believe you need Fuser's CMBN mods, though. Your AFVs look altogether too shiny and new. Pretty much pulverized your opponent,ugly what you did to his Lander in trucks,  but I see he did kill one of your Shermans. Armored Infantry in action! Since I saw no MG guys go down in any of the halftracks, I guess BFC did something about gunner casualty probability.

Regards,

John Kettler 

Thanks for the suggestion John, I'll be sure to look into it for the next bout of filming. There is a certain lack of grittiness with the default textures, I agree.

For now you guys will have to make due with this video of me getting my rear handed to me by Polish Paratroopers well supported by a Squadron of (incredibly shiny) Armour; from a PBEM match that was  'tooth and nail' for quite a while but ended with a minor Polish victory as I barely clung on to the objective zone. Counterattacks with fresh platoon sized forces got nowhere fast, but he couldn't eliminate my last stubborn pockets; all given I'll live with a minor defeat. Absolutely loving 3.0 thus far, money well spent.

Enjoy:

Another quick one for you all; from "Buying the Farm." I remember this mission being so much more infuriating in 1.0; then again, I also don't recall canister being in 1.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Rinaldi

shermans lucky shots

Excellent Jorge! The music was spot on, with some good use of wide shots. I liked seeing the rounds missing and exploding from a distance, and the Shermans sprinting in from the Tigers view. What surprised me was how many shots it took to take out the Tiger from the rear. Brad Pitt would have killed it with one shot producing a huge explosion! Another thing that surprised me was that the Shermans even made it to the Tigers rear without getting killed. How many times did you have to run that for them to make it in for the kill?

Lots of great posts guys. Thanks for adding to the CM Theater.

I have to agree that exploring available mods will improve the effects on some of these that use only stock.

There are lots of great mods out there to try, but here of some of my favorites to name few that will spruce any film up:

ALL of Aris's vehicle skins, and his smoke mod.

Veins effects; Fire, muzzle flash, tracers, explosions.

Edited by Vinnart