The CMBN Theater is open! Post cinematic CMBN vids here.

• 1 month later...

Sweet - what map is that?  I am sure I have never played on it but it looks challenging for the attacker.

Hills-Town-Water (1120 x 736) 010 Probe.btt

Yeah, it's a very nice map. I'd never seen it before this.

There were a number of Panthers hiding behind those buildings, covering the rail bridge approach. I had to destroy the buildings with Sherman HE to give my M10s a LOS to the remaining cats.

Here's what the last Panther looked like when it gave up the ghost:

16979215482_9e69d08b48_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome footage PaulMD!

Thanks. I just looked at it again myself and think there are some really good little scenes in there... ;)... patting myself on the back  :D . I think the vids get a little lostin the theatre sections with everything else. Might be a good idea to just have a forum thingy that is for vids which are a little bit more story based? I'm working on another one which is HUGE :rolleyes: . I might stick them all together when I finish it. Who knows  :rolleyes: . 

• 1 month later...

Glad to see the movie threads staying alive. Thanks to all the contributors. One of these days I want to make one, but to do a really good movie will be time consuming in how I want to do it. I have it all in my head, but finding spare time to dedicate is another thing.

If I can make one critique to improve anyone's movie. If you look at the movies made here compared to any Hollywood movie you will notice a big difference in shot length. Most shots are being held too long compared to any Hollywood action movie which most  have shots lasting only a few seconds, with scenes being made of many shots. Here is where much work is done editing connecting all the smaller shots to keep the action moving, and the reason it is time consuming.

Edited by Vinnart

Hello Everyone, I'm BluesNoobs and I wanted to present my first Combat Mission Battle For Normandy Cinematic video. I am aware of the hum in the backround which I will try to remove it nextarrow-10x10.png time. Enjoy !     

Really good effort mate. I love to see people making movies. If as you say you are going to make another one, then I think Vinnart has a point with his comment. It's hard to resist those long, lingering shots of vehicles moving... I know because I've done it myself but generally they aren't the really interesting subject matter.  Combat Mission is such a wonderful game with plenty of eye candy and shots of vehicles moving are scenes in which the action is waiting to unfold. It's just a suggestion but I would unfold it quicker unless you're telling a story and want to give the viewer an emotional connection to the characters. I find that the closer you are to the action the more intense it is. Maybe you could try some serious zooming with the camera. It may be that the further you are away from the action the further away the viewer is, maybe?.

Anyway, just a couple of suggestions to back up what Vinnart said but most of... keep at it with the movie making  :D

This is a little movie with lots of action in it. No story with it but originally it was turning into a little film. When i got too an hour and a half of footage I suddenly remembered I'm not Spielberg and just put the highlights in instead  :P

Edited by PaulMD

Great action, Paul. That final sequence was absolutely "killer"...if you know what I mean.

If I might make one suggestion, there are times when a close-up can be a little too...close-up. That makes it difficult to put some of the action in context of the bigger battle. Better to zoom out a little from time to time.

Great action, Paul. That final sequence was absolutely "killer"...if you know what I mean.

If I might make one suggestion, there are times when a close-up can be a little too...close-up. That makes it difficult to put some of the action in context of the bigger battle. Better to zoom out a little from time to time.

Thanks for the feedback mate. The close ups are, amongst other things, meant to add to the confusion and disorientation of battle. Though this video was part of a larger one with an actual narrative following and clarifying the flow of battle I decided to just put the highlights which, I admit, does make following putting the scenes in context rather difficult. If I had put the whole of the batle on video, it would have been easier to follow and contextualise (...eh... is that a word?) but it would have been two hours long. I like my videos and think they are quite good.... but not so good that I'd expect anyone to sit through my version of Saving Private Ryan. Ha Ha, Incidentally, in the actual battle, I got my arse kicked from one end of the scenario to the other... nothing new there.  :rolleyes: .... :D

And that final sequence is how the battle ended... me running for the hills... my usual battle plan... works like a dream every time.... for the the enemy... :(

Edited by PaulMD