CMRT - BETA AAR - Soviet Side

So now what do we do while waiting for RT release?

Carp and moan. It's the BFC forum way :D

You can complain about new features that are coming with RT AND complain about features that are not coming.

See, with BFC you can get 2 glasses, both half empty ! :)

Once again, thank you for the AAR teaser, both participants. Always nice to get an early peek, and to get an idea of the capabilities of the new units available.

Hetzers are great keyholed - in open terrain, not so much. T35/85's can pack a punch, and flamers in any form seem pretty wicked. I predict much smoke and flame in upcoming QB's.

Thanks again. Great work by both parties involved.

Thanks to both for letting us peek into CMRT :)

BG, nice to see you! I'll probably go into it in more detail during the recap but it was a game against you that gave me the idea to send teams rather than scouts forward from BLAU. You staged the best defense I've ever played against in an AAR we did on a different forum. In it you had just enough strength to cause me problems but didn't commit so much that you took away from your main defense. Seriously, I had you in mind when I did that. Unfortunately I faced a better player than you. :)

From my point of view I thought doing that may have had Bil question where I planned to face off first and perhaps slow him down.

BG, nice to see you! I'll probably go into it in more detail during the recap but it was a game against you that gave me the idea to send teams rather than scouts forward from BLAU. You staged the best defense I've ever played against in an AAR we did on a different forum. In it you had just enough strength to cause me problems but didn't commit so much that you took away from your main defense. Seriously, I had you in mind when I did that. Unfortunately I faced a better player than you. :)

From my point of view I thought doing that may have had Bil question where I planned to face off first and perhaps slow him down.

Well, he's better than both me and you together, I reckon :)

That map was very different - lots of reverse slopes to fire on your guys while they advanced. The Germans do have a definite advantage when engaging at longer ranges. At close range (under 300 meters) you want plenty of StG's, otherwise they're, quite frankly, disappointing (especially against American infantry, let alone American Airborne).

The other big difference is that I was able to observe you advancing, and I was able to figure out what you were up to (more or less). That allowed me to maneuver to avoid danger and casualties. In this map, those forested areas are like big black holes and I would feel like a blind man feeling my way around. I'd have been very careful to avoid getting engaged there at all, just keeping guys observing and pulling them back as soon as the Spidey sense started to yell.

You just lost too many riflemen out there :( I think that you did the most damage on Bil when the spotting relationship was in your favor (when he had to assault Blau). If those riflemen had been alive, you probably would have been able to support better your heavy weapons in Blau, which did a very good job, all things considered.

Now that I've been able to go over your thread - I didn't read it - and see Bil remarks about the 'black contact icons' I do understand a bit better how you were handling this. It is said that there's people that see better with one eye than with two. But for the great majority, it doesn't help at all.

What slows Bil down are actual or likely casualties. He's been trained and exercised in avoiding unnecessary casualties, and you can see that very well in his style. So a good tactic is to make as much "noise" and creating "flash in the pans" as often as possible, to get him thinking about how to avoid casualties rather than how to kill you.

In that respect, Ken got his number pretty much alright.

Anyways, thank you again for the game and glad to talk to ya :)

I had to read that a couple of times before I understood it the way you meant it. :eek:

But I actually wanted to say that I enjoyed the AAR very much and it made me play CM again!

I probably should have added the word "did" at the end of the sentence. "Unfortunately I faced a better player than you did"

wow, the casualties look surprisingly close, could you show us how much of that the Flamethrower at Blau caused? Still from whats actually left on both Sides I'd really count this as a clear Soviet Victory.

Really great AAR, While I honestly was skeptical abou some of your Strategical Decisions it was really Interesting to see how things worked out, especially love the breakthrough rush to Gelb. that was some cool Soviet Style Mobility right there.

Also I was really excited to see T34/85 knock out a Panther, I will prefer those things so much over the lousy US-Shermans

wow, the casualties look surprisingly close, could you show us how much of that the Flamethrower at Blau caused? Still from whats actually left on both Sides I'd really count this as a clear Soviet Victory.

Really great AAR, While I honestly was skeptical abou some of your Strategical Decisions it was really Interesting to see how things worked out, especially love the breakthrough rush to Gelb. that was some cool Soviet Style Mobility right there.

Also I was really excited to see T34/85 knock out a Panther, I will prefer those things so much over the lousy US-Shermans

Well its about 1.5:1 casualties in my favor which isn't bad considering I was the attacker. Sorry I meant to look at the flamethrower team.. and now I won't have time for that until tonight.

As Elvis said he really would have surrendered, so the Tactical victory doesn't really reflect the end game where his units, at least those on my left were in a closing vice. The German units on my right I had no contact with and did not know what he had there (about 2 platoons worth of infantry it turns out) but they were out of the fight, and in reality would probably have broken out in another direction.

14 was the body count that the flamethrower team got. I think I was making mental notes and the turns went on and had guessed 13. There where a couple of times I heard screams but couldn't see anyone.

I've taken the screen shots of the end game but haven't been about to make them ready for prime time yet.

wery nice AAR , i realy loved to read this but i realy wonderet why Elvis didint take any at guns. mutch more cheaper and get more ;) this is tjust my point.

But immobile, and on this map that would have been a real handicap. More Schrecks would have been a better buy. But Elvis had limited buying power and was further constrained by being willing to honor the requests for specific units by us the observers.

Michael

mmm yes you need some mobile forces to deal and counter enemy moves , but if you build strong points what are linked to eatch other by line of sing and 2 hetzer or stug should be enoug to mobile reserv. because on my mind that one panther eated too mutch point . ok ofcourse if you buy many at gun then you had to lure enemy and chanel his moment to there where you want he to go =)

but if you build strong points what are linked to eatch other by line of sing and 2 hetzer or stug should be enoug to mobile reserv.

Snarre, your typo is awesome. You just gave a whole new interpretation of the reasons for the Anschluss: the Reich needed those Tirolese singers badly!