Steve? Does this vehicle have a purpose? Sdkfz 251/21

Of course it had a purpose, why else would the Germans have fielded it. It was an anti-aircraft weapon, primarily.

It will have to wait in line with the other light AAA weapons. I'm not sure right now if they want to wait until the game is able to model AAA fire against attacking aircraft, or if they will release them as being ground-fire-capable only. As it is now, you cannot fire back at attacking aircraft.

Personally, I hope they don't bother taking all that development time with the actual anti-aircraft modelling, I just want these weapons in for ground use.

There's three modules to come including a 'crazy vehicle pack' so perhaps seeing its arrival isn't entirely out of the question... I guess. The main hitch may be the vehicle's date of introduction. Were any in Normandy? Can Steve locate a proper TO&E showing who got and how the unit looked? Also, if Dan can't get his hands on decent plans & specs of the thing? I suppose there's always DML/Dragon to turn to. ;)

Which one, the one I posted or the version you mentioned?

What is it's designation btw? I am not near as smart as you guys on all the vehicles and stuff. PSW-?

Mord.

No the Pak75 version was later in the war.

Your version is called SdKfz 234/3 with 75 mm L/24; 88 built 6/44-12/44.

Google is your friend. And mine. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SdKfz_234

There's three modules to come including a 'crazy vehicle pack' so perhaps seeing its arrival isn't entirely out of the question... I guess. The main hitch may be the vehicle's date of introduction. Were any in Normandy? Can Steve locate a proper TO&E showing who got and how the unit looked? Also, if Dan can't get his hands on decent plans & specs of the thing? I suppose there's always DML/Dragon to turn to. ;)

According to the Encyclopedia of Ger Tanks (Chamberlain & Doyle) the SdKfz 251 was introduced in Aug 44. No numbers mentioned. Probably rare in Aug. 2000 rds ammo. From the picture it doesn't look like it could depress the guns from horizontal.

SdKfz 251/22 with a Pak40L46 not until 1945 (production started in Dec44).

Sdkfz 251/21 - Schützenpanzerwagen mit Fla MG Drilling. Equipped with a triple-mount ("Drilling" in German means "triple") of MG151 autocannon; early version being MG151/15 mm cannon, later being MG151/20 mm Luftwaffe cannon.

I want this...

It was often used in ground support at the end of the war. It shouldn't be absent in a Bulge module. Production started in August 1944. And I too love this vehicle.

According to the Encyclopedia of Ger Tanks (Chamberlain & Doyle) the SdKfz 251 was introduced in Aug 44. No numbers mentioned. Probably rare in Aug. 2000 rds ammo. From the picture it doesn't look like it could depress the guns from horizontal.

SdKfz 251/22 with a Pak40L46 not until 1945 (production started in Dec44).

I meant of course the 251/22 introduced in Aug 44.

IIRC very few of these were in Normandy. They were supposed to be, on paper, but production never produces the numbers that were needed.

Steve

I think that may have been the 251/17, which was "standard" in the PG TO&E (as replacement for 251/10 and others) but never realized.