Wyseman76 "Panther Mid" Reskin

This is far from finished as there are lots of little touch ups and such to be done. I'm trying to streamline my process so I can work through more than one of these at a time. Really tough having to jump in and out of game to get camo alignments and such correct.

Oh and yes, I really worked this beast over as far as battle-wear and weathering, but I was having such fun. I hope to have her finished and on the Repo soon.

PZKPFW_Panther_Mid.jpg

So I was asked what the Camo pattern was based on. Well I wont lie I was motivated by a die-cast toy. I'm an artist first and sometimes I'll chase an aesthetic over historical accuracy.

So, I decided to do a little looking and found that the model was based on a real Panther. The tank was part of the 17. Panzer Division and was lost in the Czarna Nida river in Poland. It was fished out in 2003 and sits in the White Eagle Museum - Skarzysko-Kamienna Poland.

The tank is actually a G model not the mid A model I have done here. So....., Im thinking I may have to make the adjustments to convert it to the proper model.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Wyseman76

I also wanted to mention that I found the game will mix turrets between the hulls of the early, mid, and late A models. The problem I have with this is that if I make 3 different tanks I risk seeing them cobbled together. I wonder what other models do this?

BF, I ask, Was this intended?, would you consider fixing this?..

Man, that baby looks nice! I'd love to see you do a Hetzer when we finally get them...done up in that ambush camo with the little dots. Anyway...you are doing some awesome work here...love it.

Mord.

Really great mod man...only niggle is this.

pantha1.jpg

panth2.jpg

It's not necessarily the that they aren't camoed...just now that your tanks have so much texture the tan looks very flat and texture-less.

Anyway, really like these a ton. I love the scheme and colors...you did an awesome job!

Look forward to anything you may do in the future! Good work, my man!

Mord.

Mord, which model, early, mid, or late, was that issue showing up on? I was popping in and of game to view them so I obviously completely over looked it.

I Will take a look at it this evening and Update as soon as possible. In the future I may just have to abuse you as an exclusive beta tester :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ive noticed that the late version seems unaffected if you only mod the mid one...

the early one does share the LOD with the mid one tho, but ive seen no turret and body swaps.

all the late ones are the same every time i buy a tank battallion with panther A tanks.

the early ones also go back to being their "old" self if i zoom close enough.

(this is of course, using only the mid panther files, not the full mod, since this was an experiment)

anyway, i think you can get away with only modding the early and mid Panther A. That way you will leave the late model open for further modding.

Looks great. Hope you get a chance to do a dirtied/worn out version. Most everything in CMBN looks too new/clean and toy-like. Am disappointed that there are hardly any uniform and vehicular mods to make things look more grubbily realistic (ie closer to the photos the game shows us during loading etc.)

Its funny someone would ask for a 'worn' version of this mod. How much more worn can it get? "Grubbily realistic" most often refers to the contents of 'Fine Scale Modeler' magazine, rather than to real life. Tanks in June 1944 were not exactly streaming with rust out of every crack. You cake the dirt on til the camou's 3/4 obscured and still people claim its as 'clean as a toy'.