Last Defense, Valley of Trouble, and CHANCE ENCOUNTER!!

OMG! i was just about to go on here and ask someone to make chance encounter :D

forgot what the other classics were named (been a while) but now i want them too of course :D

me and my buddy used to play these in hotseat over and over (of course we modified them over time, but still) and it would be sooooooo nostalgic to play them again :D

In case you guys didn't notice, there is a mission editor in the game, so instead of "requesting" things, why don't you get the job done yourselves ?

i dont even have the game yet :P

oh and not everyone is good at using the new editor... so we kindly ask if some poor soul will help us...

Hi Gents,

as Agua mentioned before, I´m working on CMBN conversions of "Chance Encounter" and "Valley Of Trouble". Since I am new to the CMx2 engine, this

is much more work than I expected.... for example: 16 CMBO tiles now means 100 CMBN tiles to be edited !

Some screenshots of WIP:

Chance Encounter (80% done). You won´t see much details from this perspective, but you will find these on ground level view.

SPR03.jpg

View from the "Grammond Cafe" to the "St. Grammond Abbey":D

SPR04.jpg

Valley of Trouble (25% done)

View form the western hights to the northern wheatfield

SPR05.jpg

The Village

SPR06.jpg

Chance Encounter will be finished during the next week ....Stay tuned

Kind regards

Tom

I have a soft spot for "Valley of Trouble". I still remember having a Sherman 105 take out that re-enforcing Panther at close range with a shot from behind, after I sent it tearing up the road once I thought I'd broken through.

I must have replayed that turn 5O times.

Doesn't seem possible it was that long ago...

VOT I played that demo scenario more than any scenario from any other game ever!

My favorite two memories from that scenario both relate to the panther on the hill. One as the geman that panther actually run out of ammo no ap, he or mg ammo.

The second one and still my most memorable gaming experience, playing as the US I manged to get a zook to the top of the hill where the panther was disabled, the zook was in a dip just in front of the Panther and as we know the zook can't take it out from the front so I had the team dash around to the rear, in my amazement on the replay you see this zook team run like mad as the panther turret rotates, the ZT manages to keep milliseconds ahead and dashes behind and into a depression behind the tank. A gem of a CM scene. :D