Bug US Tankers using german faces...

I notices this with my German Face mod and Aragorn2002 confirmed it...so I double double checked and did a test by marking the Germ faces with red Xs.

test1kk.jpg

And yep...when I loaded up some US tanks...low and behold...

test2id.jpg

Mord.

Why not? In the end it is one set of white boys versus another set of white boys. This ain't Syrians v NATO.

Sure, ideally they should use different faces or the same faces but with different file names to let modders like your esteemed self do their thing. But it strikes me as a bit of a non-issue.

Well, it's just kind of weird...I mean why go through all the trouble of creating 27 separate textures if they are gonna be cross pollinated?

I hope it gets fixed. In the end is it a huge deal? No. But it does screw up the modding possibilities.

Mord.

It is quite obviously an oversight. Like I mentioned, the lods use the correct skins just not the higher poly up close and personal version. So when you can't notice them they have the US faces... if that makes you feel any better about it :D

I'm sure there's a philosophical question in there somewhere.

They'll probably fix it in a patch. It's simple enough to do (I've done it already).

Like if a face falls in a forest is anything harmed except for the effort of alliteration's being wasted?

Perhaps the good Old US boys have adopted the good old Aztec Jaguar Priest discipline of skinning their enemies and wearing their skins?

It is quite obviously an oversight. Like I mentioned, the lods use the correct skins just not the higher poly up close and personal version. So when you can't notice them they have the US faces... if that makes you feel any better about it :D

They'll probably fix it in a patch. It's simple enough to do (I've done it already).

LOL. Good news then brother.

Wanna email me that file?

Mord.

It's done in a way that BF don't want done for hacker prevention reasons. Whilst I'm not overly sure why they've done it I respect their decision to do so. So unfortunately I can't let you have it.

As an added annoyance for you I also have unique skins for both sets of crews and the german officer. :P

The "Germs" have to have separate faces so modders can add scars that every German officer has running down his face, apparently the result of some saber wound suffered in the Franco Prussian War.

Or from a big chunk of shrapnel...

Mord.

And an eye patch... don't forget the eye patch!

LOL...I wanted to try an eye patch but after that PIA with the bandage I wasn't even gonna go down that road.

Mord.

Now that is odd.

When the heck did U.S. tankers start using German faces? Some last-minute adjusting of textures and models had been done late in the game to lighten the CPU burdon. Perhaps something got inadvertantly/deliberately switched. I'll look into that. :confused:

I´m checking this.

We have skins for the US and separate skins for the Germans. We don´t have specific skin sets for the crew though.

The mix up with the skins must have been because I upgraded the German faces first and later ported them to the US soldiers. This should be fixed for the upcoming patch.

You guys must have noticed that the textures of the faces now have almost no distortion in the BMP file. Also they occupy a bigger area in the plate. This is so it will have a higher resolution without increasing file size, and also to make it easier to mod. You can for instance just copy your own photo and paste it in there and it will fit without much work. Some color adjustment and blending will be needed for sure but much less than before.

-