Vein's Terrain V2

Vein

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a different flavour of ice-cream ;)

The original colours (except the sky) are pretty accurate when you see Normandy in the summer under bright sunshine.

I just prefer a little more gritty looking colours... Normandy in the summer when the sun's behind the clouds.

I agree with Vein...the game right out of the gate is exceptionally nice...and if there was no way to mod it I could've lived just fine with it as is...just this subdued look adds a nice grit to the atmosphere...kinda like that filter they used in SPR and BoB. But in praise of Dan and the guys they did a helluva a job, out did themselves with all the work they put in...I guess we Mod mostly because we can and not because the game looks bad.

Mord.

Dont get me wrong. BF did a very good job. But I have to say that the colors of this mod look a way better then the original ones (for me). When I look at the pictures they remind me more of a movie instead of a game. In my oppinion the colors of the original game are by comparison more gamey :P Dont stone me to death :) I just wanted to say that Vein did in my oppinion a very nice job and for my taste the colors look overall more harmonized. And the textures of the street/walls and pavement look better and fit more into the environment then the original ones.

As I started CMBN I was very happy with the game. But maybe you know that feeling when you are very happy but some small little things give a tiny little small "bad taste". For me that are the Allied Icons (the green is to 80s like for me ;) ) and the "shining" colors of the environment. Overall its a formal critic on a very very very good game.

So everything can be improved (nothing is perfect; not even your beloved girlfriend, uh?!?) and Vein improved it very well :) Looking forward to the release of the mod.

For those of us who are visually challenged, may I request a small mod: can some modder please make the hedge tile of a lighter green color?

This will be of great help to distingusih between a small hedge and a bocage.

Thank you

Any way to distinguish hedge from bocage would be great!

And any way to make breaks in the bocage more immediately visible would be extra great.

Vein, hi,

Looks great. Looking forward to the mod :).

It is strange but true that the shipped graphics are probably more realistic but your mod will still “look... seem...” more realistic :).

They will just look better for the purpose. As to some extent the colouring of the Band of Brothers series, far from realistic, looked great within that setting.

All the best,

Kip.

PS. Thanks to the genius of Charles we can just swap them in and out at will in a few seconds.

Greetings Vein---Excellent v2 terrain--really impressed by all but one feature --not sure about the corn fields. June, July, August the corn is becoming ready to be harvested and is ,in my view usually more yellowed than strawlike in appearance

But an extraordinary and brilliant piece of work--many thanks.

Great job Vein...as usual. I like it a lot. Looks really cool under a overcast sky...just gives me a WWII kinda feeling...if that makes any sense.

Thanks a ton. Take a break man...play the game!

Mord.

not sure about the corn fields. June, July, August the corn is becoming ready to be harvested and is ,in my view usually more yellowed than strawlike in appearance

You are right of course. The problem is keeping it all in the same vein (ho ho ho), so that none of the textures look like they don't belong.

The wheat/corn is yellower than it looks in the screenshots but deliberatley less yellow than in actuality.

And Mord, I play the game, don't worry about that. My modding doesn't take up all that much time.