Simple things I love

Near Glasgow not in. But then by the same token Edinburgh is near Glasgow : ).

I am not sure he sounds like my kind of guy. Knocking the Sgt unconcious might have been sufficient. The attributions to Ambrose make me reach for the salt cellar though they could be true.

In his defense, (according to BoB) he implied that he let the men believe the allegations because he saw no harm in letting them think he was the toughest SoB in the Company. Speirs was my favorite character, or at least equal with Winters.

Clicking one HQ and seeing an open field. Clicking another HQ, and there is a german tank sitting right in the middle of the field.

Granted, one has still "god-like" powers to do that. But sending in an allied tank to take out the german one there is the added suspense of "when will my tank spot it"--realism and immersion element leaps.

Man, this game is wasted on RT players.... ya gotta take the time to watch all this happening!!

i agree with that , so many great moments are missed / unexplained in real time. I do tend to play smaller battles in RT but most of the time wish i hadnt.

Like no doubt everyone else, I’ve dabbled with the Editor and put together a map with ‘interesting’ challenges, just to see how the games handles them and try out all of that lovely verdant map tiles (CMSF was a harsh environment), I wonder how many former CMSFers immediately raced up to the water features and built a bridge?

One element in my experiment was an early morning assault, and I loved the way that the buildings and trees were lit up as the vehicles burnt, and especially that sudden lighting up of large areas as a tank explodes. You have to ensure that you are nowhere near them to avoid casualties, but also you have to cater for the "what happens if it lights up the field I’m half way across in ‘stealth’ mode".

What I also appreciated was the gradual approach of daylight as the operation unfolded – totally different tactics required within the same scenario, and I could almost feel the early morning chill lifting as the sun warmed the fields.

Also, the difference that the presence or absence of the moon gives to operations, and I also have noticed that the stars are moving and I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that they are the right constellations, I’m sure I’ve seen the Plough – can anyone confirm this?

Happening upon the flank of a German MG nest and having the time and cover to deploy my mortar and order a fire mission on it. Watching the very first spotting round fall directly in the middle of that nest. :D Hole in one!

Going after a German halftrack with a mounted 37mm gun on top. I unbutton my Sherman to make sure I have good situational awareness then "hunt" around the corner of a building to KO the halftrack. As soon as my Sherman clears the corner and gets LOS the halftrack takes a potshot at me. He misses but the round goes right over the top of my turret...instantly killing the commander who is standing up unbuttoned.