Newsflash!!!! Forum cominf apart!!!!!

Seems like most of the naysayers are stuck in the "back in my day our squads of infantry were rendered as 3 lego men, and WE LIKED IT!" kind of attitude. They just need to give CMx2 a chance and they will see how much better it is.

Guys like me are just itching to play the game and coming up with things to complain about in the meantime.

And they had to march miles through the snow, and assault uphill, both ways!

Sighting was much more organized and realistic. I mean just line up a bunch of squads and watch the heads doing the organized - front, R side, front, L side observation as specified in FM 92 "Correct observation of enemy positions".

I need the lol factor threads like this give..

I have never played any of the newer cm games, only the old ones, owned all the theatre of war PC Karkov Achtung games around, and this game is awesome..

Are there things I would add? Of course, I love the bonocular views in AP and the old cm cover arc armor or soft etc, butthis game tosay is easy intuitive and has an IA that can win

Seems like most of the naysayers are stuck in the "back in my day our squads of infantry were rendered as 3 lego men, and WE LIKED IT!" kind of attitude. They just need to give CMx2 a chance and they will see how much better it is.

Guys like me are just itching to play the game and coming up with things to complain about in the meantime.

I understand their feeling: I reached a comfort level with CMBO that allowed me to play without having to think about the process. As a result playing was pure fun. Of course ten years have passed and I may be having a senior moment of false memories. Now the mechanics have changed (and seem more complex), so I am not enjoying the playing process as much. I am sure the enjoyment level will go up as I become more comfortable with the CMX2 engine but for now it seems like a struggle.