Seriously?! Internal vehicle modelling?

I made this excellent discovery when poking around the demo and I accidentally "drove" the camera through a Panther at low speed (keyboard control).

I guess that makes for a good undocumented feature, and I get it for OT AFV's but... Get carried away much? :D

Getting carried away with detail is what CM is all about. :). But seriously, the hatches can all open, exposing the interior, so it might as well be right.

There was actually a thread a while ago started by Steve, where he was seeing spotting issues with a tank. It turned out the crew was rotated 90 degrees, if I remember correctly, so they were not looking through the sights. This bug illustrated the extent of the 1:1 fidelity.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=94734&highlight=some+bugs

Chris

We tried harder on the open-topped vehicles. The M8 armored car and M8 howitzer motor carriage interiors are a wonder to behold (and no I didn't do that art). Closed-up vehicle interiors are "close enough for rock & roll". :)

Yeah, I love the OT vehicles, I just wasn't prepared in the slightest to see interiors in the others.

I suppose the guns function too? God, I'm going to lose my fair share of battles simply because I'll be obsessively following my vehicles around.

I love vehicle interiors, used to model them into my plastic models if they didn't already come with one. If I didn't have photos, I'd make something up that at least looked feasible. Now you guys have gone and put them into 3-D models where 99% of game design studios would have happily ignored them. I'm pleased as punch! One more "gold star" for the BFC gang!

Yeah, I love the OT vehicles, I just wasn't prepared in the slightest to see interiors in the others.

I suppose the guns function too? God, I'm going to lose my fair share of battles simply because I'll be obsessively following my vehicles around.

Play some in WEGO, so you can marvel at your tanks' innards at leisure :)

You all can thank MikeyD for the interior detail. No idea if he did them, but if we could show you the internal threads, he sure noticed a lot of stuff that wasnt as right as he thought it should be. :D No game out there has the talent for making military vehicles that BFC does.....NO ONE.

I was disappointed that all the crew weren't visible when I pushed into the Sherm ... after Steve's bug report, I thought they'd all be there pushing and pulling levers, looking into scopes, loading shells etc.

I wanted to wack the driver over the head for his clumsy foot on the clutch ...

GaJ

Lemon: YEAH! Thats what I'm talking about! Love it!

Actually, I was hoping to see whether there was some obstacle that was causing the tank drivers foot (or is it hand?) getting stuck on the controls, making them drive in such a jerky way... kinda like the spotting bug, only for the driver...

GaJ