Can BF afford not to Ad BFN on the Military Channel?

I don't see CM:BFN fitting the usual *gamer sites, not like the old days.

What are the options for a game of this ilk to get the word to real wargamers, will it be via FB,twitter?

I've watched many simulations on the military channel that looked very much like today's CM v.2 and thought it would be the perfect place to advertise the new simulation but then I'm not spending the Ad$. ;)

ahh..to read those great AARs again and maybe learn a few new tricks. :)

Heh... do you have any idea what the Military channel charges for ads? The prices are geared towards an entirely different breed of corporation than us. Out of all the ad prices out there, these guys rank among the top most expensive places (as do many other publications targeting the military market).

Heh... do you have any idea what the Military channel charges for ads? The prices are geared towards an entirely different breed of corporation than us. Out of all the ad prices out there, these guys rank among the top most expensive places (as do many other publications targeting the military market).

Roll the dice. Place your bet.

What the hell, Columbus took a chance.

Sales could be several magnitudes greater.

Sales could be several magnitudes greater.

Or you could spend the same amount of money advertising over the internet, yielding even more sales from all over the world. I have never watched Military Channel nor do I watch tv ads in general.

For tv advertising to really work, you would need to plaster your ad all over the schedule because not all people are going to watching any single channel for hours on end or every day. The likelihood of viewers missing your ad because they went to wc or kitchen or just muted the tv for ads is too great, so you can't rely on tv advertising on just one channel as your single marketing venue. It just doesn't work.

Not everyone has the Military Channel, and the History Channel is an empty shell of what it used to be, I doubt it's viewership is the target demographic for this game anymore. Now if you could somehow get your engine used for one of those shows like Rome: Total War did, that would be a pretty sweet deal. I have no idea how something like that would work financially, but the CMx2 engine would certainly be better than those low budget CGI clips they always use over and over.

Not everyone has the Military Channel, and the History Channel is an empty shell of what it used to be, I doubt it's viewership is the target demographic for this game anymore. Now if you could somehow get your engine used for one of those shows like Rome: Total War did, that would be a pretty sweet deal. I have no idea how something like that would work financially, but the CMx2 engine would certainly be better than those low budget CGI clips they always use over and over.

You said it...

- The History Channel went from what used to nicknamed the "Hitler Channel" - for obvious reasons - to some weird amalgam of UFO themed shows and Construction themed shows - neither of which is "history" as any normal person understand that term to mean.

- The CGI used on The Greatest Tank Battles series is dreadful - and so is the way they butcher the historical record. Don't even get me started on the repetition. I get ill just thinking about that show.

Ok ok, then how about a 15 second spot in next year's Superbowl?

Yeah, I'm with Moon on this one.

TV ads would be monstrously expensive and probably wouldn't give them any kind of return on investment.

I don't know of any TV channel, cable or otherwise, whose actual viewing audience would be worth the money it would take to reach them. Better they place some ads in the professional community journals like Armor, Field Artillery Journal, Leatherneck, Naval Institute Proceedings, etc.

Banners on certain websites would work well I would think except the people on those websites would probably know about BF and therefore the game, but it probably couldn't hurt. I would think the best bet would be places that have cross over appeal where you'd have that group of people that are just tired of the standard RTS clickfest and are looking to step up thier gaming into something requiring a bit more...well, hell how do I say this without pissing off a certain gaming group off?? Well you guys know what I zerg I'm sure.

Banners on certain websites would work well I would think except the people on those websites would probably know about BF and therefore the game, but it probably couldn't hurt. I would think the best bet would be places that have cross over appeal where you'd have that group of people that are just tired of the standard RTS clickfest and are looking to step up thier gaming into something requiring a bit more...well, hell how do I say this without pissing off a certain gaming group off?? Well you guys know what I zerg I'm sure.

I was happy to see http://grognard.com/recom.html#computer still posting since the 90's important wargaming links..BF listed in the Computer Games category but also some great links to wargaming stuff in general. Hopefully some of the old CM sites will find new life. If it ever could be on the Mil channel..put it with 'Commanders at War'. :)