Combat Mission 2000-2011

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More likely it's a question of certain types of melodramatic game music using certain instruments tend to sound very similar, which is particularly true for all military sims/FPS's/strategy games. I doubt that a professional composer would just steal someone else's work and sell it as his original composition - he'd get caught right away and lose all reputation.

Well, I'm not motivated to reinstall a few games to see if I can run it down, so I'll go with your suggestion.

[Edited to include the following:] Very similar - from around :40 forward

But you're correct. That theme repeats through various stylings in SH IV. Similarly here:

I love the way the tiger rocks when coming to a sudden stop at the end from the "tube" guys (is that what everyone calls them here?) shot. You really feel the weight of the tank, Awesome.

This has to be my favorite part of Band of Brothers... or at least one of them. Urban Combat with... HOLY CRAP!!! Tanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hnly9lnywU

looks great. I skipped the first game. because i tried the cmx1 demo, after reading a review about how it was like one of my favorite ww2 games close combat but in 3D. But after i tried it, I went back to the 2D. cmx1 wasn't pretty to look at and too abstract. now fast forward to 2011, CMx2 looks amazing(leaps and bounds ahead of any other hardcore ww2 sim imo. Now i can say its like CC series but in 3D. I surmise CC and CM share a common ancestor.

I'm glad the designer realized their market did upgrade their computers from the 486D.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sergei,

Pretty cool, but I could do without the Sally Hansen Wax Strips! I remember being really impressed with the bazooka kill on the Tiger I, but was absolutely thrilled when I managed the same feat with a rifle grenade to the turret side in the CMBO Beta Demo. Really saved my bacon!

Regards,

John Kettler

Sergei, I finally clicked on this sticky That video is perfect it is important to remember where we came from and to keep things in perspective good job this was over 10 years ago anyone who did not play the original is perhaps missing out from more enjoyment of the current.

• 2 weeks later...