Module wishlist

To pass the time whist we twiddle our thumbs lets offer up our module or maybe I should say WW2 campaign wishlist...

As it's apparent we're to get NW Europe, which is just fine by me, we can leave that out.

So I'd like to see a Sicily with the rest of southern Italy if it could fit in, may as well, it is a wish list.

Kursk 1943.

A summer 1942, army group south or maybe winter, hmmm, can't decide. Have to have rail cannon and siege mortar prep fire missions in this one just for kicks. Sure it'd be only a single round but be fun to sit there waiting for where the thing was going to land :D

Lastly a 1940 NW Europe one.

Anyone else?

-Fenris

ps - no space lobsters, well maybe a WH40K one but that's a bit of a stretch now isn't it.

Edit - here's a post that has a listing of what we might see in the future of CM http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1235780&postcount=1

Edit - in reference to the first two posts...

Yes I know all that. I have been here for a while and have seen the list of what they loosely plan to produce in the future if all goes well.

See the word wishlist and just post idly from there. ie what would you like to play as a CM game from WW2 irrespective of whether that's a module, game, online virtual world you can plug into your optic nerve what ever.

I would pay full module price for Co Play, no extra content, just co play. Back to reality now. I'd love to see early war Western Europe as well. All that good french hardware turned into war trophies. To be fair Fenris I don't think you left much ETO out.

Yes, my cunning plan, hehe ;)

Blimey what campaign or battle wouldn't I want to play out using this engine...the one theatre I do have very little interest in is Africa...but many will disagree....that is one game in the series if it covers it that I wont be buying...but thats about it...I'd even buy a Pacific one which was to me more of an American War and doesn't really grab me the same as europe.

I would like a Operation Market Garden Module.

Lucky you. That will be the second module.

Yes I know all that. I have been here for a while and have seen the list of what they loosely plan to produce in the future if all goes well.

See the word wishlist and just post idly from there. ie what would you like to play as a CM game from WW2 irrespective of whether that's a module, game, online virtual world you can plug into your optic nerve what ever.

Yeah, but that is not how you phrased your original post. You had phrased the question specifically and then made wishes based on that which fell outside that specific framework.

I merely sought to take away any confusion of what people could expect from a module.

A Mediterranean game with a Greece/Crete/North Africa 1941=> 1943 base followed by a Sicily/Italy Jul '43=>May '44 module would be absolutely fantastic, assuming the variation in terrain from arid to temperate could be catered for. Italy post May '44 could probably be modded from modules of the NW Europe game (it would need different buildings and some different vegetation, possibly some special terrain such as vineyards etc., lots of existing material in CMSF could be lifted).

Sorry, just had to get that one in there, you did ask?

Its funny how people are yearning for a Med game, especially since all they did when they got the CMAK title was build erzats Normandy theatre scenarios out of it. :D

Starting with Normandy is an elegant solution. It's classic and from there you can go earlier or later.

I'd really like to see early war stuff, particularly 1940. You don't get to see it much.