Different camo schemes per vehicle?

5581350010_c057a0dcd6_b.jpg

When you look at the tanks in the Quick battle AAR you'll notice, that they do not have identical camo schemes.

Is that because they are different types (early and late Panzer IV H) or does the game feature different schemes for each vehicle?

I think this would be really cool, especially if modders could add more schemes and the game would select them radomly (quite like in the ragtag mod for CMSF I guess).

Painting skins for uniforms and vehicles I believe is going to be very accessable using the extractor like in CMSF. Just a matter of someone putting their talents to task.

There were a couple of different cam patterns in Normandy. most photographs I've seen had the same vehicles in the same formation having the uniformity of the same cam pattern.

Good eye.I love the detail.Look at the Tank on the left.I notice something new each time I look at a screenshot.I love the little eye candy,like the Tank on the left is missing one of its Armor plates,but I also noticed the left fender is missing.Is this due to a hit,or just eye candy.

In other words,when vehicles get hit,do parts get knocked off?Either way,it is very cool and adds so much flavor to the game.I am excited beyond belief.

Remember when you were a teenager and you rounded second base with a girl for the first time?The excitement I feel about this game is absolutely nothing close to the level of excitement I felt then with that girl.I just wanted to throw that out there for all you old guys to reminisce.:D

But I am still very excited about this game.

I highly doubt you will be able to have multiple textures for the same vehicles showing up in game, unless something has changed in CMBN from CMSF.

In CMSF you could have multiple mods running for the same model by adding a sequential number to the new texture's file name....for instance, there were like 7 building textures that came with the base game and I believe LLF created an 8th. He made the new texture and then just added an 8 to the file names. You could do this for VERY few things...unfortunately vehicles weren't one of them.

I actually requested letting us use the same naming conventions on vehicles, that way the user could be responsible for how many extra textures they wished to add to their game...guys with bigger GPUs could load up and guys without could figure for themselves what was the minimum frame rate they'd be happy with if they were playing a vehicle intensive battle. For the most part it probably wouldn't be too bad as long as you didn't have a scenario that had 15 panthers with 15 different camo schemes.

Mord.

I highly doubt you will be able to have multiple textures for the same vehicles showing up in game, unless something has changed in CMBN from CMSF.

In CMSF you could have multiple mods running for the same model by adding a sequential number to the new texture's file name....for instance, there were like 7 building textures that came with the base game and I believe LLF created an 8th. He made the new texture and then just added an 8 to the file names. You could do this for VERY few things...unfortunately vehicles weren't one of them.

I actually requested letting us use the same naming conventions on vehicles, that way the user could be responsible for how many extra textures they wished to add to their game...guys with bigger GPUs could load up and guys without could figure for themselves what was the minimum frame rate they'd be happy with if they were playing a vehicle intensive battle. For the most part it probably wouldn't be too bad as long as you didn't have a scenario that had 15 panthers with 15 different camo schemes.

Mord.

OK so you can have multiple skins for soldiers, but the same capability does not apply for vehicles. 1 skin per vehicle. Thanks for clearing that up.

OK so you can have multiple skins for soldiers, but the same capability does not apply for vehicles. 1 skin per vehicle. Thanks for clearing that up.

Correct. Soldiers, uniforms, Helmets, kit (like vests and stuff), buildings and even some sound files could have multiples applied...but weapons, vehicles, flavor objects and terrain have remained a no go.

You are very welcome.

Mord.

Camo scheme seems identical on the tank on the right (Tank 4) and on the tank at mid distance (in the middle).

I also think the Tank in the middle has a grey steel bucket attached to the rear part of the decklid.

It would be nice if you could add a divisional marking at the very least to your units.... although in the later stages of the war, tactical markings were not at present as much as in the earlier years.