The world by CM

I knew I had a hell of a day but I was still a bit taken aback by being nr 6666 to view tyrspawn´s first video AAR. Excellent stuff of course but I was also intrigued to see the information about where we live that share an interest in this noble pursuit...

A dark green US was hardy a surprise but the runner up, or is the leader, Finland having more hits than both the Limeys, the Frogs and the Krauts, all who could reasonably be assumed to have very direct interest in CMBN, was a bit of an eye opener. The Swedes putting their finger in the pie as well was to be expected but that it was an even bigger finger than Canada or Australia I would not have guessed.

Interestingly enough Afghanistan stands out as well... Makes you think.

Cheers

/M

post-380-141867622519_thumb.png

BFC, pay attention: there is a big market for "Combat Mission: Finland vs. Sweden". Or just CM:FK (Finnkampen) for short.

LOL

Finnkampen being the annual athletics competition taking place alternatively in Stockholm or Helsinki. We who are old enough to have been bitten by it at some point subject ourselfes to two days of televised atletics of widly varying quality with three participants from each nation facing off in each event. Something out of days gone by still retaining that original amature feel to it.

/M

Actually, not surprising for us to see Finland ahead (and Sweden close), since we have access to other data (sales and account registrations, demo download data etc.) and other that data confirms that we have a strong following in Finland for years already.

Even if you take into consideration Finland's population and that it is the most internet-connected country in the world (I read that somewhere) - with the most and fastest connections per capita - it's still coming out strong in comparison to other countries.

Actually, not surprising for us to see Finland ahead (and Sweden close), since we have access to other data (sales and account registrations, demo download data etc.) and other that data confirms that we have a strong following in Finland for years already.

<takes comment and runs off with it wildly extrapolating...>

So there's going to be a Winter War element to the Ostfront module. Sweet ! :)

There is a significant military presence in afghanistan currently that might have something to do with those results.

Heck, at one time or another you could say there was a significant Beta tester presence in Afghanistan! CMSF especially had a lot of professional military fingerprints on the product, and a military man has to go where they send him, even if it inconveniences Steve & Charles. :)

Heck, at one time or another you could say there was a significant Beta tester presence in Afghanistan! CMSF especially had a lot of professional military fingerprints on the product, and a military man has to go where they send him, even if it inconveniences Steve & Charles. :)

Yeah, but there's virtually nothing in Iraq. Or Kuwait. And you can't tell me that Astan's got better ISPs than Iraq. Albeit, Iraq's was kinda bad. To US standards, that is.