Mac version Pre-order?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My G4 iBook bit the the dust a few years ago, so I've been living vicariously by lurking in the forums and drooling over the screenshots of CMSF, so the news that my favourite wargame will be coming back to my favourite computer fills me with boundless glee.

And even better, my seven year old son has discovered "Greatest Tank Battles" on the Military Channel and has become a bit of a trackhead himself, so now he is looking forward to CMBN as well.

Now that BFC have had almost of month to mull over the exact date for official release of CMBN since the announcement for pre-orders on 10 March, is there now a definite date for release? End of April is a little over three weeks from now.

Finally, announcing the pre-orders for the Mac version wouldn't go amiss either.

Dan

Moon mentioned that the Mac version was being prepared "out of house" and attributed the delay to that.

Slight correction... Moon said that a third party was involved in some of the infrastructural necessities for content delivery and purchasing, etc., and that when those were finished pre-orders would commence. The Mac version itself is being done in-house.

Normal Dude's got it right - when it's time there will be an announcement.

So a general announcement is not good enough for you, you demand a personal word about it?

Which general announcement?

This one:"Mac users! The game will be available for both the PC platform as well as Mac OS X. Today, we are launching pre-orders for the PC version only! If you are interested in purchasing the Mac OS X version, please wait until we open pre-orders separately for it in the next weeks. The Mac OS X version is currently scheduled to be released not too long after the PC version."

or this one:"The main thing holding back Mac pre-orders is not the game itself (the Mac beta is pretty much up to date with the PC version), but a few infrastructural things in the background that need to happen for content delivery, purchases etc. We rely on a third party to finish coding these, and as soon as it is, we will be able to launch Mac pre-orders. Hopefully not too long anymore (the original target date was the end of this month, although it's already clear that we won't make that)."

Me want personal word about it?....naaahhh....it was a joke

Love

Alice

Slight correction... Moon said that a third party was involved in some of the infrastructural necessities for content delivery and purchasing, etc., and that when those were finished pre-orders would commence. The Mac version itself is being done in-house.

You are correct and I mis-remembered it.

:o

Michael

As one of the very early players of CMBO I remember the slogan "if we drop any platform, it will not be the Mac". It has seemed pretty hollow for the last decade but maybe we will finally get our reward for waiting. I just hope it does not turn out to be watered-down version of the Windows game, and always a couple of builds behind.