Mac version Pre-order?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 days in fact, but that's still within the realm of "we open pre-orders separately for it in the next weeks" stated on the pre-order page.

But much longer after the end of this week without an official update and I'll start getting panicky. Any word on the progress towards this date we've been waiting nearly a decade for guys?

Hi guys,

the main thing holding back Mac pre-orders is not the game itself (the Mac beta is pretty much up to date with the PC version), but a few infrastructural things in the background that need to happen for content delivery, purchases etc. We rely on a third party to finish coding these, and as soon as it is, we will be able to launch Mac pre-orders. Hopefully not too long anymore (the original target date was the end of this month, although it's already clear that we won't make that).

Martin

Hopefully not too long anymore...

Happy, happy, happy, happy ....

... the original target date was the end of this month, although it's already clear that we won't make that ...

Crap, crap, crap, crap ....

The wait is just killin' me!!!

OK, OK, just breathe, breathe. There, better. Whew. Just days now, just a few more, just be calm.

Gee, I hope you guys aren't going to feel let down if the game fails to produce the kind of cosmic orgasm you seem to be expecting. I mean, it's only a game...

Michael

Granted. But being without said game for nearly nine years has been a rough bit.

Plus, based on some of the way-over-the-top grognardy type discussions and debates that go on on these forums re: minutiae, I think that this applies to almost everyone here to some degree or another, no? :cool:

Granted. But being without said game for nearly nine years has been a rough bit.

Plus, based on some of the way-over-the-top grognardy type discussions and debates that go on on these forums re: minutiae, I think that this applies to almost everyone here to some degree or another, no? :cool:

Well, no argument with either of your points. The only thing I have reservations about is the degree. Some of the posts I have read seemed to have been written in a mood of near hysteria, which gives me pause to wonder how well balanced mentally their authors were. I mean, granted we're all pretty daft to be engaging in this hobby in the first place, but some folks seem to be slipping around the bend a bit. I hope and trust that it will all come right in the end.

Michael

Well, no argument with either of your points. The only thing I have reservations about is the degree. Some of the posts I have read seemed to have been written in a mood of near hysteria, which gives me pause to wonder how well balanced mentally their authors were. I mean, granted we're all pretty daft to be engaging in this hobby in the first place, but some folks seem to be slipping around the bend a bit. I hope and trust that it will all come right in the end.

Michael

Oh I'm sure it will. Anything that appears near-hysteric on my end, by the way, is simply should be taken with the humour it's intended as opposed to any real offence I hope.

This is indeed good news.

I had been considering going the Bootcamp route (pay 200 bucks to play a 60 dollar game, hmmm) but now am forever thankful I won't have to suffer that route.

Looking forward to the announcement. It has been too many years since I had to abandon OS9 and as a result CMBO/BB/AK. I have watched longingly as the new developments have rolled out.

Nice to see so many things have not changed over time. 15,000 posts Michael, you have spent a bit of time here :)

All the best and looking forward to playing a few rounds when the time comes.

Karl Mead

I've kept a G4 450 with OS9 stashed in my closet to occasionally get a fix slogging through Normandy, Russia, and Italy. It's got the public beta, CMBO, CMBB, and CMAK and not a lot else. Really exciting to see CM return to the Mac after such a long exodus!

Looking forward to recapturing the excitement of playing Last Defense over and over, or my first PBEM game before smoke rounds were toned down.

- Bill

Funny, I currently have a silver-dooored G4 tower at my house with OS9 on it fixing it up for a friend of a friend. Maybe before scrubbing it I should load CMBO one last time and give it a whirl.

Tried that but my newer video card didn't register (despite being more than up to the job) so it loaded in 680*480 on a 24" monitor. Not a pretty site, sadly.

Did play through a few turns just for fun.

New guy here. I'm also eagerly awaiting the Mac Steelbox version. I know of at least one other person who is, as well. And two or three other friends haven't preordered, but are planning to buy the Windows version when it's available. I think this game is going to be even more popular than CMBO/CMBB/CMAK (and rightly so).

I foresee many sleepless nights in my future and can't wait to get my hands on this game.