Wet your whistle with these videos

Darn, didn't expected such a high turnrate on some of these vehicles!

Well. It't not supprising considering the terrain they are driving on. Either concrete or dry hard and firm ground. The harder the ground the less friction you have, wich in turn gives you a faster turnrate.

Try do the same turn as that panther in a soggy field with thick wet earth and stones and it will be slower.

Another thing to consider when doing the same kind of sharp turn as that Panther is the dirt that you force into the tracks. With enough amounts of dirt you will throw your track because to much dirt and stones come between the track and rear sprocket wheel at the same time you are turning.

We used the method of doing a small sharp turn, move forward 5-10m to let the dirt get out of the tracks before commencing next sharp turn. Just to avoid throwing the track. (witch isn't fun to do, especially not in a combat situation!)

Another thing to consider when doing those sharp turns is that you stress the transmission more, so over a longer time you increases the like-hood of a transmission breakdown.

great videos, i just love watching the TIGER I its a beautiful beast ......

there is such a thing as a "tank fest" !!!

I went to the Bovington tankfest in 2009 and it was a blast! Two days of scouring the museum, oogling tanks riding all over the place, watching mock battles and chatting with re-enactors. Great fun, I recommend it to any trackhead out there.

2010 tankfest synopsis

2011 tankfest announcement;

http://www.tankmuseum.org/ixbin/indexplus?record=ART2815&_IXMENU_=news_and_events

Looks like it needed a ring job. Seemed to be burning a lot of oil, especially when he let up off the gas.

Good eye! Actually, that's deliberate.

Panthers had a nasty habit of catching fire spontaneously. Their solution was to run one of the banks of pistons rich to compensate for the overheating heads. Sounds crazy but that's what they did. That resulted in Panther being prone to nasty backfires that plagued the vehicle through the war. Those late model can mufflers on that particular Panther were actually a ring of lit burners to burn off the exiting raw fuel so it wouldn't backfire