Release date?

I'm trying to remember Michael, was it late 1999 or early 2000 when the original was shipped to our doors?

Damned if I can say. I may still have a receipt kicking around here someplace, but I haven't laid eyes on it in years. Curiously enough, some months back I came across the Panther poster that they sent out to pre-orderers. I had forgotten about that.

Michael

Yeah, I remember the infamous "night of the refresh monkeys" when the demo was released better. I think we ended up crashing the server with all the F5 requests. Steve wasn't a happy camper. :D

Oh the memories.

I played that demo for more hours then some full games.

"I bought the full version of CMBO... on: Friday; November 16; 2001"

So, maybe CM:BN to be released for the ten year anniversary??? Makes sense.

Nope, my order confirmation is from July 4th, 2000 so the ten year anniversary has definitely passed.

The mail about the version 1.03 patch was dated July 27th 2000 and according to Wikipedia the game was released June 1st 2000.

IMHO June 6th would have been a better release date. ;)

Maybe you can past the time by making a countdown application in your favourite programming language; if you're feeling really ambitious you can incorporate uncertainty estimates in your output as well using past releases as a model.

:) , we have a programming department for such things although i maybe frowned upon for diverting resources :D