Release date?

Is that a commercial link? :)

Whoops, commercial links to other websites is one of those things they're pretty sensitive about, isn't it? I don't seem to have editing capabilities here (lurker for eight years now and I've only been able to bring myself to hit that "reply" button four times until now, it seems), but if a moderator is so inclined you can get rid of that link.

The game in question was "All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy", and they opened up pre-orders ten years ago now. Of course it was an obscure developer and nowhere near being the caliber that Battlefront is, but I've always kicked myself for dropping money on the preorder for that instead of waiting. Every once in a while I check back on that site looking for some kind of update, even a cancellation, if only to put the ghost of my $50 to rest.

I just thought it a funny pre-order story worth sharing. "Combat Mission: Battle of Normandy", on the other hand, I'll gladly preorder without remorse. :)

I pre-ordered All American in June 2000, when they first promised that the release was coming in a few months. They dutifully updated the "expected release date" for years, although I see now that it is still projected for 2009.

EDIT: FWIW, I contacted them for a refund of my preorder money a few years ago, and they gave it with no hassle.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the end of April or don't would not mind if sooner.

I say release the game and patch it if you have to. When cmsf came out i enjoyed from the beginning. it got better and better with every patch.

this game already has all the improvements of cmsf so it will be solid from the beginning. No game is ever perfect, of course you will find those that will find issues with something and ruin their enjoyment.

I have scheduled a 3 day weekend for myself and cmbn. I will be our first weekend together and i want it to special for both of us. I have my beer, whiskey and enough snacks to feed a high school class. too bad i don't know other brothers from here to invited so we could enjoy the game together.

I pre-ordered All American in June 2000, when they first promised that the release was coming in a few months. They dutifully updated the "expected release date" for years, although I see now that it is still projected for 2009.

EDIT: FWIW, I contacted them for a refund of my preorder money a few years ago, and they gave it with no hassle.

That's good to know, I think I'll try the same. It's a shame, though, because the concept of the game does sound really cool. If it were to come out sometime in the future, I'd probably still get it.

I'd like the release date too, since I'd like to plan my vacation a bit (currently aimed at last week of April). However if it comes out at the end of that week and not before, I'd move it by one week.

The most "accurate" date I've seen according to the good folks at BF is ... "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release around the end of April, 2011." Around the end ... take that as you will, I suppose. I'm not sure there is a specific "release day" yet mentioned.

originally pencilled on the April 22nd but amended to 29th to be a tad more pessimistic. In the Uk these days coincide with around 4x bank holidays so assuming there are no major hickups that would be just peachy. 22nd was based on 6 weeks after pre-ordered appeared which BFC mentioned was an approx arrival date of a product after pre-orders were available.

I always felt that was based on a misapprehension, namely that important anniversaries would be central to BFC's marketing technique. I think that all in all their intent is to get it out the door and into our hands just as soon as it reaches a state that can be considered "ready".

Michael