BFC Media fails

"Germans on the move" =/= "This German is moving".

This thread certainly contains fail. I'm just not sure any of it is BFC's.

Ok. Humor and irony seems to have been lost in translation then. Wonder if adding a few smileys might have helped? :rolleyes:

FWIW I think I got inspired after getting to know failblog.org... man I can spend dead hours in that site!

PS: Since I am Spanish and you seem to be Dutch I would asume you are just bitter because you lost the World Cup final last year...

Well, I thought it was funny. Although that might be because I'm Australian. Irony is a British thing. As Australia is an ex British colony we are naturally familar with all five forms of irony (comic irony, dramatic irony, tragic irony, historical irony and socratic irony). However I understand that, following the Revolutionary War, the American colonies did away with irony in favour of the right to carry arms and shoot people who pissed them off. I guess that's why Americans invented smiley faces. In Australia we don't use smiley faces because if someone say something insulting we naturally assume they are making a joke.

The lack of irony in your culture is proably why you don't understand Mel Gibson. You probably think he is an insane washed up ham of an actor (like Paul Hogan) but you fail to see the deep and subtle humor of his apparently witless rants. Oh how we laugh and laugh over here about that. One of you guys will have to explain Charlie Sheen to me though. (Unless he is a master satirist who lives, breathes and tatoos irony, that guy is nuts.)

Anyway ~Viajero, I thought your post was both worth and funny. And it inspired me go nit picking and fault finding. And here are the fruits of my labours: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=95436

One of you guys will have to explain Charlie Sheen to me though. (Unless he is a master satirist who lives, breathes and tatoos irony, that guy is nuts.)

My take on him is that he is simply getting the most mileage out of his mid-life crisis. But then again, I never met the man, so I am only speculating.

(How's that for irony?)

Michael

Ok. Humor and irony seems to have been lost in translation then. Wonder if adding a few smileys might have helped? :rolleyes:

FWIW I think I got inspired after getting to know failblog.org... man I can spend dead hours in that site!

PS: Since I am Spanish and you seem to be Dutch I would asume you are just bitter because you lost the World Cup final last year...

Well, my objection is that it is a linguistic stretch and ergo not all that funny.

Not a big fan of people uttering "Fail" on internet at the slightest provocation. It is dimwitted.

Also, the Dutch may have lost the World Cup in 2010 but I'm not sure what you being Spanish has to do with it since it was the Argentinians that won.

Unless you are talking about a sport not played by females in miniskirts with sticks too short to be used unless the players bend forward? :eek: Though heaven knows why anyone would watch any other sport. :confused:

My take on him is that he is simply getting the most mileage out of his mid-life crisis. But then again, I never met the man, so I am only speculating.

(How's that for irony?)

Michael

Maybe you should take a few pointers from Sheen.

Also, the Dutch may have lost the World Cup in 2010 but I'm not sure what you being Spanish has to do with it since it was the Argentinians that won.

Unless you are talking about a sport not played by females in miniskirts with sticks too short to be used unless the players bend forward? :eek: Though heaven knows why anyone would watch any other sport. :confused:

Ah, finally some good irony there. Shame you still had to use smileys though.

No. No miniskirts, although maybe some leggings. Dutch may remember Breda and how its surrender was portrayed by Velazquez a few centuries ago. Note, vuvuzelas are not South African, no irony there, fact:

c617x266_cepsa.jpg?1278950825

Maybe you should take a few pointers from Sheen.

Indeed, the brilliance of Charlie Sheen is that he went from internationally syndicated prime time sit-com for which he was earning $1.8 million an episode to a blog cast from his mother's basement, and the theme of his show was "winning":Sheen's Korner. Either Charlie Sheen is deeper than any man I have ever met, or he is using some strange new definition of the word winning that I am unfamilar with.

Indeed, the brilliance of Charlie Sheen is that he went from internationally syndicated prime time sit-com for which he was earning $1.8 million an episode to a blog cast from his mother's basement, and the theme of his show was "winning":Sheen's Korner. Either Charlie Sheen is deeper than any man I have ever met, or he is using some strange new definition of the word winning that I am unfamilar with.

Well, it is what typically happens once one snorts too many lines of coke.

What Charile doesn't twig to is all the people on his twitter didn't sign up because they are eager to hear his pearls of wisdom. They signed up because they wanted to see if he can dig a deeper hole for his career and make a larger train wreck than Lindsay Lohan.

Well, I thought it was funny. Although that might be because I'm Australian. Irony is a British thing. As Australia is an ex British colony we are naturally familar with all five forms of irony (comic irony, dramatic irony, tragic irony, historical irony and socratic irony).

Yes, but like all other things that the British have invented, others have perfected. Radar, football, sex, etc...

oops, scratch that last one. The British didn't invent it. :)

Well, it is what typically happens once one snorts too many lines of coke.

What Charile doesn't twig to is all the people on his twitter didn't sign up because they are eager to hear his pearls of wisdom. They signed up because they wanted to see if he can dig a deeper hole for his career and make a larger train wreck than Lindsay Lohan.

Who cares, he should have the right to be a coke fiend if he wants. The media shouldn't be covering this at all really. It's retarded. At least now they have one of the worst disasters in the past 50 years to cover instead...

His interviews are absolutely hilarious though. He couldn't care less what anyone thinks of him, and for that, he has my respect, even if he is nuts. And he's already sitting on a huge wad of cash I'm sure so killing his career probably doesn't matter too much to him from a financial perspective...

Only thing I don't like is his kid(s?) being around his crazy partying with his groupies.

The lack of irony in your culture is proably why you don't understand Mel Gibson.

Mel Gibson is not an Australian. I'm tired of people, especially other Aussies, lumping him in with the rest of us simply because he moved here when he was a teenager and acted in a few Aussie movies. He is American.

However, if this was more irony - Nicely done.