A Little Battlefront.com History and Background

Has anyone else read this ?

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?Itemid=257&id=1005&option=com_content&task=view

Really interesting , im starting to understand BF more after reading it. Its also put into words what i was thinking but never could put my finger on about the lack of good strategy games over the last decade ... mainly that large developers were avoiding the market place ... obvious now :) .... i guess that's what landed me on this forum.

... could always allow us forum users into the beta testing phase :).... you would get a massive labour force !!! ... but less sales i expect :) ...

In all honesty , im sure many of us would fall short of the professionalism your teams offer, i'm sure its really hard work (with a wee bit of fun along the way).

Rune has also been the host of several 'preview' get-togethers in the Chicago area that predate the release of Battlefront games. Here's hoping that this 'tradition' is continued for the newest iteration.

I do recall a routine get-to-together down my way in South Carolina, IIRC it was Myrtle Beach(I still vacation there yearly). I never went but vaguely remember I almost went one year but something came up. I wonder what ever happen to the meet-up.

It would be fun to take a road trip for a sneak peek or LAN party of sorts. :cool:

Well certainly I have raised this internally (in the last few weeks actually).

The consensus appears to be “Yes a good idea.”

However timing is a balance between displaying an unfinished product too early Vs doing it too late.

I’m sure that Steve et al will make some sort of announcement once they determine:

a. When the product is mature enough to demonstrate and a release date isn’t too far away (hence NDA restrictions can be relaxed).

b. They find enough volunteers / masochists to host these things (as it will be up to them to find a venue etc. and answer to the best of their ability the wave of questions that these demos tend to generate from the attendees).

Certainly I’m intending to host one here in Sydney (once approved) and you are welcome to “pop on over” (travel and accommodation at your expense I’m afraid) :).

The combat indicator for these will no doubt be posts here from people about “CM:BN demo planned for X location - expressions of interest required” so that the host knows if they need to set up their lounge room, garage or school hall (with all the attendant issues of how do so many people see a screen, etc.) :)

I do recall a routine get-to-together down my way in South Carolina, IIRC it was Myrtle Beach(I still vacation there yearly). I never went but vaguely remember I almost went one year but something came up. I wonder what ever happen to the meet-up.

It would be fun to take a road trip for a sneak peek or LAN party of sorts. :cool:

That was probably jwxspoon's preview, since I recall him living there. Speaking of which, what has happened? Where is that old man now? Glad to see rune is still around. :D

*waves*

... could always allow us forum users into the beta testing phase :).... you would get a massive labour force !!! ... but less sales i expect :) ...

In all honesty , im sure many of us would fall short of the professionalism your teams offer, i'm sure its really hard work (with a wee bit of fun along the way).

What do you think we were ;)

Professionalism...yes, I'm sure that's around here somewhere...

Rune has also been the host of several 'preview' get-togethers in the Chicago area that predate the release of Battlefront games. Here's hoping that this 'tradition' is continued for the newest iteration.

Yep! Good times! I met you at the CMBB preview (I believe that's what it was) quite some years ago Spanish Bombs, including Rune the "evil one" himself, JasonC, Yankee Dog and a few other forum regulars as I remember it. Here's to hoping he hosts something similiar again!

That was probably jwxspoon's preview, since I recall him living there. Speaking of which, what has happened? Where is that old man now? Glad to see rune is still around. :D

*waves*

Yeah that's who it was, I couldn't think of the name. Wonder whatever happen to him.

Why?

Most of us buy our own copies anyway.

Partially to help BTS / BFC financially and partially to remain on the “moral high ground” when the all too frequent round of “All Beta Testers are paid fanboys of BFC” type posts appear. :)

Interesting , didnt know that. Good to hear though. :)