Yay for the AARs...

LOL...Yeah, like any but mine!

Actually this is a good thread, we can discuss things here and keep the non battle observations out of the DAR thread.

I wasn't around for the legendary CMBO AARs (didn't get the game until that October)...So, this is really exciting to me.

I am really loving the look of the terrain (nice to be in a temperate climate again). That shot of the GIs lined up along the ditch and fence by the road, over looking the plowed field, just screams WWII action...damn, I love the 1:1.

That pic of the two dead Germs up on the ridge was really cool looking too...The after action map reviews are gonna be pure carnage...and the glory of getting to check all the units again to find out what they killed during the battle...Woo Hooooo!

I've been excited about CMSF, the Marines module, the Brits, Nato, and Afghanistan...but I don't think anything tops how happy I am to be seeing all this CM:BN stuff...and knowing that not too far down the road it'll be on our comps.

Mord.

I have waited so so long for my favourite game of all-freakin' time to make it's return to Apple hardware. I have never anticipated a piece of software this much, and I've used computers since the days of Wang systems with punch cards. It's almost too much for this old guy to bear. [Note: I am not crying with excitement. Jeez. Not yet anyway. But I'm rocking on my chair with excitement.] I plan to still buy two copies and give one away, if the BF guys will let me. Everyone needs to experience the very best tactical WW2 war game series ever made, don't you think?

I really think they are doing a rather nice job on the AAR's.

The screenshots really show the inner beauty of the game, I can't get over how it looks. Way better than I had thought, and they very clearly stated the graphics in this Beta build are already outdated. Lovely :D

Smoke.. jay!

Soldiers standing waist deep in grass with flowers ... jay!

Also the different vehicles really showed off their camouflage painting it seems, was spot on with the enviroment. Looking good. I hope we get to some some burning hardware on the field as well though. Bring on the carnage :D

Everyone needs to experience the very best tactical WW2 war game series ever made, don't you think?

Well I suspect the jury is still out on that given that its not even finished yet.

Perhaps some “expectation management” is required here. :)

Maybe buy it, play it and then decide?

Not saying you’ll be wrong though. ;)

Oh and make sure the Mac has OS X 10.6.x or better on it.

Well I suspect the jury is still out on that given that its not even finished yet.

Maybe buy it, play it and then decide?

Not saying you’ll be wrong though. ;)

Oh and make sure the Mac has OS X 10.6.x or better on it.

I was referring to the CM1 series. Arguably, at least in my eyes, the innovations and gameplay stood them head and shoulders above every other WW2 tactical game. But I admit CMBO was at a pace I could handle and the WeGo system rocked.

For me, if CMBO is anywhere near remotely as good as CM1 series, I'm hooked. PLus it's been a long time for me without the series.

I've got three machines lined up for the game all with the latest in 10.6 goodness ... the 27" i3 iMac I just bought with the 512MB video card, a new 15" i7 MacBook Pro maxxed out, and a previous generation iMac as well. Raring to go. Plus the working SE30 and assorted others in the basement (those might not run it well :rolleyes: ).

Thats a good point, i have been expecting CMSF in a WW2 environment ... and judging by the NATO release CMSF was a fine tuned beast by the end of it. CMBN will take a while to get to that level of depth and bug free i guess. Am am as excited by the impending release of the next man but a hint of pessimism maybe in order to avoid disappointment.

It's a fairly safe bet to say that if you really liked CMSF and you are a fan of WW2 wargaming that you'll like the Normandy title as well. However, if you're a big fan of CMx1 games and didn't like CMSF for any reason other than the Modern Era setting, you should wait before getting too excited. ESPECIALLY if the 1:1 scale or the RT engine were serious issues for you.

It's a fairly safe bet to say that if you really liked CMSF and you are a fan of WW2 wargaming that you'll like the Normandy title as well. However, if you're a big fan of CMx1 games and didn't like CMSF for any reason other than the Modern Era setting, you should wait before getting too excited. ESPECIALLY if the 1:1 scale or the RT engine were serious issues for you.

CMSF is a work of art :) Game engine is a million times better than CMx1 just takes a lot of getting use too. Its 1000 times better than the first release by the time it got to NATO due to additional features and lack of bugs. I used CMSF at both extremes only i.e at first release for a couple of weeks before bailing then a month ago after i was persuade to examine it again and purchased all modules ....there was no in-between for me.

Completely agree with Paper Tiger's points (again) and not cos he sends me money either!

Many of us recall the enormous hoohah and complaints when CMSF first came out and it was NOT like CM1. So, it's best to think of all the CM2 games as different and brand new games with a similar-looking interface. If you love CM1 it is quite possible you may not like CM2. But, that's why it's so great that BFC provides free demos.

Huge fan of CMx1. Check. (My favourite Mac game of all time? CMBO) Didn't like CMSF only for modern setting (and lack of OSX support). Check. Will love CMBN. Check.