AKD sound mod v1.2

Most everything is reworked and the mod is now in .brz files for improved modularity. This version supports CMSF + all modules and CM Afghanistan.

Start with the "Zbase" file in your Data or Data\Z folder and then add the others (Zmodule/ZXtra) to your liking. Detailed instructions and content description in the readme file.

Download:

Temporary Filefront download (will likely become unavailable):

http://www.filefront.com/17483986/AKDSM-v1.2.rar/

Green As Jade:

upload failed. twice. If it becomes available there later, download link will be added in thread below.

Submitted to repository and download link will be added to thread below when available.

A lot of good stuff in this one folks. Very nicely done akd - thank you for your work and for posting it on a faster, alternate site.

Some quick highlights...

• Outstanding expanded vehicle effects - the M1 remains especially brilliant
  • The MG3 and M16A4 effects satisfy nicely
  • Shoulder fired rockets are much more realistic - plenty more "bang" - well done
  • Several gems among the reworked explosions - a well tailored blend of concussive blasts and dampened "whumps"

Can the NATO (L115/AWSM-F - suppressed) be made to sound like the M110 or does BFC need to make a correction elsewhere?

Can the NATO (L115/AWSM-F - suppressed) be made to sound like the M110 or does BFC need to make a correction elsewhere?

Starting with the Brit module, BFC began assigning all western sniper rifles, suppressed and unsuppressed, to "gun 7 svd". No idea why this was done when the m110 sound file is there and the Marine bolt-action sniper rifle is assigned to "gun rifle", which is also in the base game. One of my greatest annoyances when putting together this mod, and I don't believe there is any way for us to reassign sounds.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers mate much appreciated. Am I right in thinking these sound completely different from your last release? Or maybe it's because they are distant/nearer? Either way, very nice. Only thing I'm not entirely sure about is the artillery. It seems that some rounds sound really weak - the 155mm in particular - and I don't want to have to forgo the lesser artillery rounds.

In the core mod or in the far explosions module?

In the core mod or in the far explosions module?

That's a good question. I realised now that I had installed the base mod and then the distant explosions over the top. But I was reading your instructions file and it said that you cant easily mix and match the different artillery sounds due to limitations which are out of your control.

Starting with the Brit module, BFC began assigning all western sniper rifles, suppressed and unsuppressed, to "gun 7 svd". No idea why this was done when the m110 sound file is there and the Marine bolt-action sniper rifle is assigned to "gun rifle", which is also in the base game. One of my greatest annoyances when putting together this mod, and I don't believe there is any way for us to reassign sounds.

Thanks for the feedback!

Good thing I didn't buy the brit module then lol.

Or am I still affected (since I have NATO) :(?

Hoo boy, I love the new vehicle movement sounds!

My favourite so far has been the Challenger 2, played a scenario with loads of them and I zoomed in the middle of the formation rumbling across the desert, I got the most out of these expensive headphones, the noise was deafening!

Good job, thanks.