A teeny weeny little bug thread for NATO

Hi Dave,

That is good to know :) Saw others mentioning lack of radio's before but not that they are really disappearing during the game. Since I didn't notice any official confirmation I thought I post some screenies of it happening.

BTW, played the first scenario without really noticing the radio's disappearing. They just weren't there to begin with in my perception.

****SPOILER****

However in the second scenario when you approach the water purification complex I came under heavy sniper and RPG-7 fire. So I was making sure all my vehicles had c2 with my troops in front and then I noticed that everyone was out of c2 and no one had a radio. Even most of the CV90's were without radio. Thats when I realized it couldn't be a feature ;)

The radio also doesn't come back when the HQ is waiting in a place. IIRC the US Army PDA's only work when the unit is stationary. However this seems to be different.

I'll just presume c2 is active but just not represented in the UI, so I can continue playing.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dave,

That is good to know :) Saw others mentioning lack of radio's before but not that they are really disappearing during the game. Since I didn't notice any official confirmation I thought I post some screenies of it happening.

BTW, played the first scenario without really noticing the radio's disappearing. They just weren't there to begin with in my perception.

****SPOILER****

However in the second scenario when you approach the water purification complex I came under heavy sniper and RPG-7 fire. So I was making sure all my vehicles had c2 with my troops in front and then I noticed that everyone was out of c2 and no one had a radio. Even most of the CV90's were without radio. Thats when I realized it couldn't be a feature ;)

The radio also doesn't come back when the HQ is waiting in a place. IIRC the US Army PDA's only work when the unit is stationary. However this seems to be different.

I'll just presume c2 is active but just not represented in the UI, so I can continue playing.

I think there are several problems. For example, the German PG platoon:

1. Dismounted sections are missing radio altogether. If they dismount and their Platoon HQ is still mounted, they lose C2 link. If they dismount and their Platoon HQ is beyond visual / aural range, they lose C2 link.

2. When mounted, radio icon for the mounted section seems to randomly appear and disappear, but you can tell they are still in radio contact because they maintain C2 link with their platoon HQ, whether or not they HQ is dismounted, unless...

3. The platoon HQ must have some form of BFT, as the mounted sections are in contact with the dismounted Plt HQ via the vehicles BFT despite the fact the dismounted platoon HQ shows only the radio icon.

4. Which is further evidenced by the fact that when the Platoon HQ dismounts, the platoon Marders maintain C2 links with the Platoon HQ even though the Marders go in and out of radio contact, sometimes when the Plt HQ is moving and sometimes for no apparent reason.

Dutch mech platoon is in an even worse state as even the dismounted Platoon HQ lacks a radio, so in addition to sections without radios, your vehicle C2 links break if you dismount the Platoon HQ to gain visual/aural contact with the dismounted sections.

The presence or absence of radios is also not consistent within the forces. For example, the German mech platoon has a radio at the Plt HQ level, but the German pioneer platoon does not, and the Canadian mech platoon has a radio only at the platoon HQ level, but the Canadian pioneer platoon has radios at both the platoon and section levels.

I've played around with the CV9035s and KETF rounds in the game a little bit and it appears that the rounds DO airburst, but they are consistently about 35m behind the target. Try it yourself and issue a target order to an area of ground and you should see that some rounds will actually hit the ground before or at the target, but some will travel further and airburst.

This setting makes sense for buildings and soft-skinned vehicles, as you would want the round to actually impact the target, but against infantry targets in the open the airburst should be set for the distance of the target.

CMShockForce2010-10-3113-17-16-68.jpg

CMShockForce2010-10-3113-17-58-40.jpg

Similar to the issue effecting the newly introduced GWagon, TPz Fuchs and Nyala, the M707 weapon station does not respond to cover arcs.

Not sure if it correct, but Fuchs MG mount does not seem able to rotate beyond the 10 and 2 o'clock positions, so cover arcs beyond this don't have any effect on turret facing. Give it a cover arc from, say, 10 - 11 o'clock and the turret will rotate. Same may be true for G-wagens, but the others are certainly outright bugs.

I think the bigger problem with the Fuchs is that in Afghanistan they often operate with air guards in back hatches, sometimes with an additonal pintle-mounted MG3 at the back, and many have an additional weapon mounted at the center hatch (mostly Milans but some GMGs). The ones in the game are pretty helpless.

Yeah Fuchs are fuching useless most of the time. They move quite quick compared to tracked vehicles but they don't have much in the way of defense. Even an AAV is better than this. The MG doesn't help much, and they only have one smoke launcher so they're just waiting to be hit. Scenario I am playing at the moment really highlights their problems. I have to unload the infantry almost at the back of the map so they don't get smoked. I've never had as much difficulty with troop carriers :D

There is definitely an issue adjusting artillery guys. I've got the save game here which i will keep and forward on (if you can provide an email address). I've tried it with two different types of arty, 120 and 155. General and personnel. It doesn't occur every time, but from time to time it will stick when adjusting. I've just waited 10 minutes for my 155 to adjust (it says <1) and the mission ended.

I've been trying and can't replicate it, although I think I may have seen it once some time ago. I'm PMing you my email address for that save file.

NormalDude

Just dropping in to say that we are paying attention to everything posted here.

Much appreciated...

akd

Not sure if it correct, but Fuchs MG mount does not seem able to rotate beyond the 10 and 2 o'clock positions, so cover arcs beyond this don't have any effect on turret facing.

Yes, I was wondering about that as well. Does the weapon station on the Fuchs actually have a limited traverse in reality or is this a bug?

I think the bigger problem with the Fuchs is that in Afghanistan they often operate with air guards in back hatches...

Like this guy...

germanfuchsgebirgsjaege.png

The same could be said about the USMC AAV7's and LAV-25's. It would be great if "Open Up" involved a few passengers making use of the topside troop hatches. Likewise, deactivating "Open Up" should make everyone get their heads down - crew and passengers alike. Those guys currently in the back of the M1126's are total sniper/airburst bait, love coming back for more and there ain’t much the player can do to mitigate it.

On a different note, has anyone noticed the Editor laying down too many Flavor Objects per click in v1.30? It used to be one-to-one, but occasionally I’ll get a heck of a lot more than that. I notice it now and again with Rocks, Drums and Junk.

If you give a Fuchs a target order at something farther to the left than about 10 o'clock or farther than the right than about 2 o'clock, the gunner grabs his G36 and starts shooting at it.

Hadn't noticed that. Pretty cool. I think the G-wagens just turn to face the target, but I'll have to double check.

Yes, I was wondering about that as well. Does the weapon station on the Fuchs actually have a limited traverse in reality or is this a bug?

Looks more like at least 180 deg. traverse based on pics, but might be different turret setups. Anyways, here is a slideshow of hot Fuchs action featuring lots of BIG WEAPONS:

th_image-89946-galleryV9-ooko.jpg

Here's an example of the multiple Flavor Objects per click (Rock 6) I referrred to above. For whatever reason, the objects always appear in a line. I am still not sure what seems to cause this.

rocksz.jpg

akd

Looks more like at least 180 deg. traverse based on pics...

Good find - probably worth a look by the BFC guys.

...hot Fuchs action...

Damn. That should have been my screen name.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or if it is a bug at all but I just finished playing the Canadians in "Canadian Club" scenario and noticed that the Canadian Recon teams do not have binoculars.

A recon team without binoculars? Surely the Canadian government can afford to give its recon teams a decent pair of binoculars. :)

I just started the Canadian campaign and it seemsthat the Pioneers don't have any demolition charges.

Noticed this as well.

I also noticed that the Canadian recce Coyote vehicles have loads or cool rockets and ammo but there is no way I have found of accessing the ammo or rockets.

Noticed this as well.

I also noticed that the Canadian recce Coyote vehicles have loads or cool rockets and ammo but there is no way I have found of accessing the ammo or rockets.

Looks like the Coyotes inherited the Marine LAV-25 loadout. I don't think the Canadians even use AT-4s.

Re: the artillery adjustment bug.

I've got a savegame or 2 which exhibits it. I was using a Canadian FO to direct a 60mm mission. I adjusted it. It was on the <1 minute countdown for approximately 15 minutes. It DID eventually have adjusted rounds impact. Again, 15 minute (or so) delay.